Do you get bored...?

CLPLDrew

Hello everyone. I’ve been in P&C for 5 years now. I work for an independent agency (8 months with this agency) and I’m a rockstar so they let me open up an office when I told them I was moving away.

Sometimes I get so bored quoting accounts all day in an office by myself. I work on our website and handle our AdWords campaigns (for free) because I get bored of quoting all day and it gives me the opportunity to work on other things. I have my Spotify music playing with some great jams too.

I literally try making small talk with underwriters, marketing reps, and my CSR whenever I can to pass the time.

I have tons of work to do, right now I have an average of 61k per month in new biz so it’s not like I have nothing to do

How do you pass the time? Do you get bored quoting all day?

Today I started quoting a tow business. Last week I wrote a factory, a gun shop, and an auto body shop. Later this week I need to start on the Epli and Data/Cyber policies for the business that owns the factory.

I absolutely do not get bored.

Always bored, spent the last two years day dreaming about what else I could do with my life.

Insurance just isn't it. I feel sometimes like I am wasting my time. There has to be a next chapter in my life.

What?? You’re kidding right?? There’s definitely ALWAYS something to do in insurance other than quoting new business. Renewal Revisions/Quotes, Courtesy Calls to clients, Cross Sell, Service, Webinars, Learn other lines of insurance, Reading Insurance Books or Motivation in general, Engage with people on Social Media, Marketing, Accounting, Scanning, Data Entry or just simply googling articles about how I can become better and better in the industry and be above average. If you get bored maybe you’re not that passionate about this business.

If I was to ever get bored with selling average home and auto policies, I would focus on the highly affluent who are throwing down some serious premium on their personal lines and then cross sell life.

He gets bored easily...... He got bored with this thread after posting it too... :arghh:

I recall the days of when I would wear my I Love Insurance Progressive button on my suit jacket everyday. P&C was like a new toy for me that I have since outgrown.

Wow, that is extreme!

Work is work. We get to help people, its not a bad job and I get my enjoyment with my family and on the golf course.

Back