Do you have a carrier of choice? If so, why?

Who are your carriers of choice?

• Total voters

AcemanX007

Expert
Out of curiosity, do you find you have a "go to" carrier and if so, why?

i.e. BCBS ~ Tier 2 insulin
United ~ Med sup GI
etc.

My top carrier is of course my top comp company. 119 years in the business, A+ at the BBB, member since 1952, no complaints open or closed last 3 years or last 12 months. And don't you know I show that about every time I sign someone. Last claim took 3 days for beni to get a check. Great home office support (small company feel). No major perks, just good solid performance. Not the tightest premiums in the fold, but peace of mind knowing they are not out to jam me up.

Federal Life - I would recommend them highly.

My top carrier is of course my top comp company. 119 years in the business, A+ at the BBB, member since 1952, no complaints open or closed last 3 years or last 12 months. And don't you know I show that about every time I sign someone. Last claim took 3 days for beni to get a check. Great home office support (small company feel). No major perks, just good solid performance. Not the tightest premiums in the fold, but peace of mind knowing they are not out to jam me up.

Federal Life - I would recommend them highly.
I think he's talking Med Supps.:yes:

Out of curiosity, do you find you have a "go to" carrier and if so, why?

i.e. BCBS ~ Tier 2 insulin
United ~ Med sup GI
etc.

The one that saves my client the most money usually. Why? Because when it boils down to it that's the only major difference in the companies that actually matter to the client.

UHC/AARP seems to dominate a few markets, notably CA and FL. Don't hear that much about them in other states.

Nationally they have more market share than anyone. Amazing what an endorsement from a liberal, left wing lobbying group can do for business.

I sell Part B virgins 99% of the time. If they are healthy, they go on Cigna, because Cigna is cheapest in DFW right now. Next year, it may be someone else. If they are uninsurable going in, they get BCBS. Its a regional answer. Its a client answer. (And UHC doesn't compete in the Med Supp market in DFW because they own the MAPD market.)

And don't even get me started on the unholy alliance of AARP and UHC. Just don't. (But they can't be called liberal anymore after they went after the GOP Senators who were going to support the 5-1 ratio ACA change).

At this moment, I'm leaning towards BCBS because of their assistance with marketing materials, Humana because of their ease of access in tracking sales/Commisions, Cigna
because of their quick payment with Medsupps.This may change down the road.Aetna has
been very responsive as well.So far my clients have not had any issues that we haven;t been able to resolve quickly and I do check just in case they do.

Back