Do You Have a Website?

I just learning insurance myself but i went ahead and got the domain NCSeniorLife.com; more so for the email address as of now. moretrax, how did you create that form where you type in the info for a quote and it pops up with a page that has your info?

I just learning insurance myself but i went ahead and got the domain NCSeniorLife.com; more so for the email address as of now. moretrax, how did you create that form where you type in the info for a quote and it pops up with a page that has your info?

I have contracts with several carriers through Pinney Insurance. The quoting tool is EZLifeSales. If you're wanting to do mortgage protection (term life) sales, look into what they offer. For FE, FEX Quotes.

I am not a recruiter for Pinney. ;)

Content is most important. I would include here: keyword selection, keyword phrases and density. Use matching keywords in page titles, title tags and page descriptions. Backlinks from high ranking sites are also extremely important. I would add to that having a sitemap makes easier for Google to find you.

Sitemaps can be helpful. I use them. If you use code to generate them, you can install the code once and have your sitemaps updated on your schedule without any additional time or money invested.

This is the sitemap generator that I use: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

You install it on your server and it generates sitemaps based on the pages you have created. You will do not need to type in individual urls.

Generating manual sitemaps using the above, is pretty easy. You can create sitemaps in both HTML and XML formats with just a few clicks. However I recommend that you create a cron job to automatically create new sitemaps.

A cron job can automatically recreate your sitemap every day, every week or on whatever schedule you choose. It can take less time to set up a cron job than it did for me to type this post. Anybody who programs for the web should be able to help you do this.

(A cron job is basically a way of telling a virtual person to click on a link to trigger some program to run on a particular schedule.)

You should also have a robots.txt file. This keeps Google from indexing pages that you don't want indexed. You will probably have pages such as CSS files and javascript files that should not be "client facing." Most of the directories in a WordPress installation should not be client facing.

If you save Google from wasting its resources indexing unnecessary pages, it might index your site more often. At least that is the theory.

I actually think having a robots.txt file is more important than a sitemap especially for an established site. That being said, I have both on my sites. If you use the sitemap generator I mentioned above, you can link the two together so that your sitemap doesn't include files that should not be client facing.

Your backlinks and your internal links (if you use WordPress, you should not have to worry about your internal link architecture) should get your pages indexed with our without a sitemap. However, using a sitemap can speed up the process especially for a new site.

Also the frequency at which you create new content will send a signal to tell Google how often to check for new pages. This signal probably is more important to Google than the frequency at which you ping them or submit sitemaps.

And don't forget Bing. If you are going to all the trouble of creating a sitemap, submit it to Bing also. (You should have both a Google and a Bing Webmaster Tools account.) They are still relevant and they are smart enough to use the same protocols that Google uses for the most things.

But there is no third place. There is Google and Bing. None of the other search engines are worth thinking about right now IMO.

It doesn't take much effort to create a sitemap, so you might as well create one. However, as far as traffic is concerned, it is mostly about content and backlinks.

Hi Alston. XML is the service I used to generate my sitemaps just as you suggested. Agree with everything you say and submitting to Bing is a great idea!

Back