Do You Have Success at Cold Emailing?

I think you're mixing up illegal with terms of service violations. They are different.

I can buy a list and send it out cold. It's not illegal if I comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.

However, everyone has made it a terms of service violation. I can't send out spam through my Verizon account. I cannot send out spam through newsletter services.

But it's not illegal.

Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. I did mean an opt-in list of some sort.

But now I am confused. If I find an email address on a Chamber site or a site like LeadFerret, and I send an personal email to the prospect asking if I can be of service, is that illegal? Is that Spam?

Last edited:
No I'm not. Those are two separate issues altogether.

I can buy a list and blast it out as long as I follow the CAN-SPAM Act guidelines I'm in violation of no law.

Make no mistake, it's illegal if I do not follow the CAN-SPAM rules.

Update - your are correct that scraping is not legal. I'd have to buy a non-scraped list.

Last edited:
i tried several times and don't found it to work perfectly.. then i switch to facebook fanpage..
building my fans take alook at mine at facebook.com/pages/PrudentialTakafulMedicalCard/152130824883640?ref=hl(I'm from Malaysia)

using a facebook advert grows my fan..got quite whelm respond because they can see you

I am hoping to get an answer on my question: If I find a prospect's email address on a website (lets say the Chamber ot a site like LeadFerrett, manta.com, etc.) and then send a personlized email from me to the prospect only asking if I can be of assistance, is that spam? Does anyone know?

Back