Do you know when your going to die?

"It was used by an agent to disturb the prospect"

Do you know when you're going to die? In about 10 seconds if you don't sign this application.

That would disturb the prospect, wouldn't it?

So, I take it that NO ONE here knows where that quote could be found on this forum??
Geez, and I thought you guys knew everything! Guess I was wrong :D

"Do you know when your going to die?" It was used by an agent to disturb the prospect.

Just curious, it was kind of an attenion getter, and I have a few prospects in my area that it would suit as an opening.

Thanks,
John

That is so incredibly tacky. And people wonder why insurance agents have such a "bad name".

If you can't sell insurance without using "gimmicks" then get out of the business. We don't need more "rip-off" artists in this business.

It's that kind of crap that gives honest agents a bad name!

Tacky? What if that conversation actually sold the guy a life policy and he died a month later? Nothing tacky about that!

I will certainly concede it's not a line I would choose to use.....

I like .......'So when you become an overnight Angel....how much will your wife need in the bank to keep things afloat?"

Hey... I just made that up.... I like it!

That is so incredibly tacky. And people wonder why insurance agents have such a "bad name".

If you can't sell insurance without using "gimmicks" then get out of the business. We don't need more "rip-off" artists in this business.

It's that kind of crap that gives honest agents a bad name!

I bet you can't stand agents who tell it like it is to some thick head either. I question your ethics.

I bet you can't stand agents who tell it like it is to some thick head either. I question your ethics.

You question my ethics? Who are you to question my ethics?

You don't even know me or how I sell insurance. I can tell you that I don't have to use gimmicks or scare tactics to make a sale.

I give my prospects accurate, factual information and present it in a logical manner so they can make a well informed decision. I'm not out there to try to screw every prospect out of their last dollar just so I can make a commission. I don't need the money that bad.

If that is what you call "telling it like it is" then yes, you are correct, I have no use for agents who resort to selling insurance like that. I affectionately refer to them as "bottom feeders".

Back