Do you pay for med records for clients?

thewold

Expert
SC
If a carrier requests medical records but doesn't pay for them, do you guys and gals pay for them for the client or let the client pay for them.

Background, put a client who had a masectomy through with a medical mutual of ohia company and they are requesting last 5 years of records, no problem, I kinda figured they would. But, they won't pay for them since they don't usually require records which I think is BS.

Anyways, would does everyone do?;)

If a carrier requests medical records but doesn't pay for them, do you guys and gals pay for them for the client or let the client pay for them.

Background, put a client who had a masectomy through with a medical mutual of ohia company and they are requesting last 5 years of records, no problem, I kinda figured they would. But, they won't pay for them since they don't usually require records which I think is BS.

Anyways, would does everyone do?;)

I personally would pay for them.

I am not sure the legalities of that. You would also have to do the same for all clients. I would never pay for such records.

Your carrier MMOH is out of touch with the 21st century anyhow. Depending on more details I would switch carriers. There are a lot of options in Ohio. MMOH uses underwriting and rate factors from the 1970', tons of rate ups and they are beyond slow.

Sorry for not giving more details, but it's actually Carolina Care Plan who was bought up by MMOO. Health is not my main thing but I ran into it and my GA seems to think that CCP would give her the best option as far as underwriting at the best rate. One other factor is that if they decline, supposedly they don't report to any bureaus, plus they don't rider, just rate up. I felt is was the best thing but am little PO'd that they won't pay for the records. I feel the same way about them not being in the 21st century. Oh well, what are you gonna do. I think I'm gonna let her pay for them, atleast then she will have a copy so if they decline, we can take it elsewhere.

I wouldn't pay for them... there are just too many issues with this. If a company is so cheap they can't spend money to make money you should ditch them. Maybe one day they will decide that they don't want to pay you a commission...

That would be really dumb, in my humble opinion, to lose a sale over a couple of bucks.

We are running a real business, there are costs associated with that. Agents who don't realize that are living in a dream world.

I'd pay in a heart beat. It's called, "the cost of doing business".

my GA seems to think that CCP would give her the best option as far as underwriting at the best rate. One other factor is that if they decline, supposedly they don't report to any bureaus, plus they don't rider, just rate up.

You need a new GA.

No one reports to the bureau.

No one riders in Ohio unless something changed I am unaware of.

MMOH IF they approve I hope you quoted them double, because that is what it might come back with.

Why would you offer a Carolina Care Plan? They are expensive and terrible. Why not offer Humana, Golden Rule, or some other major carrier? I have replaced many clients from Carolina Care plans in SC. Clients told me their network is bad, and the rate increases are huge. Get your client something else. Humana and Golden Rule have very good rates/coverage here in SC. Try one of them.

Back