Do you pay for med records for clients?

It's not that they are declining for this one case, they just don't normally require records. The client had breast cancer 15 years ago and has been treatment free for the last 10. I guess they just want to take a look at her follow ups to make to make sure she is as healthy as she states on the app. Their response was, we would have to take a look at her records to consider for coverage. Fortunately, I have a quote at the highest rate up it would go and have quoted that. I anticipate the rate up and so does she, the concern is getting the coverage. Being this is the first this company has asked for records and therefore the first that a company I dealt with didn't pay for them themselves, I was just wondering what others do in this situation.

Although, it seems most wouldn't do business with a company that won't pay for records. That's fine, I like CCP's rates. I have gotten a 2 year old with a questionable autistic type condition issued when most wouldn't touch it. Parents are happy and so am I. I wish they would pay for the records, but they won't. My client doesn't want to pay more on a monthly basis for the fact that they won't pay for her records. I spoke with her earlier, and for the price if accepted, even at a rate up, she is happy.

By the way, the records were $48. My understanding is BCBS will only pay up to $30 and the rest is on the client. My GA could be wrong about that too though.

I'll keep you informed about whether or not she gets the coverage. And if she does, I'll ask her if she would have rather paid more a month and had the insurance company pay for the records.

I applaud you, I would do the exact thing if I were in your situation.

My guess is that others would also even though they are sticking their chest out and saying they wouldn't.

Taking care of the customer should be your first priority, not worrying about spending a couple of bucks. That IS the cost of doing business. What ever it takes to keep the customer happy. I have built a very substantial business doing that.

A little off topic but: I don't think CCP is the right choice for every customer - but in a lot of cases, like the child you mentioned they are. The network is growing and in some areas is stronger than Humana & GR. My experience with underwriting has been that they are a PITA, but very fair once they have all the information they feel is needed.

I for one am not "sticking out my chest" as Frank has stated. If the carrier required me to pay for records, they would be fired and I would place the business elsewhere.

Back