Do You Recommend or is It Worth the Designations? CIC? CPCU?

Infoe, WHy would you be sitting around? Most of your carriers should also issue you codes in the new state, also, I would call a couple of IA's in your area, and get some quotes to see who has the better rates, remember it can take months to get your codes with some carriers, Everything is online, so you wouldnt have to be there to work the business.

I thought of your suggestion but some of the things I'm thinking of doing are purchasing a book? do you suggest I look into purchasing the quoter and the rater already start fooling around with those systems? the other things like purchasing e&o insurance...I'm doing closer towards IA open date...but filing for business name...designing website stuff like that I will be working on now. I just feel like my hands are tied because I am in a different state but I'm game for any advice on doing as much as I can before I open.

Oh No no no, Get a non-resident license in Fla? now, then you cant transfer that to a resident license, then where you currently are, after you move, get that state a non-resident license, then you can always keep that book.

You have to have E&O before you egt any codes, You will need the quickrater when you start quoting, it takes way too long to do it company by company, you shouldnt need a management system for quite a while, I am 1.5 years into IA and still dont have a management system, just use a excel spreadsheet to keep track of clients with what company and policy number.

Buying a book, well, good luck, they are generally hard to find a good, one, usually a friend or family member buys it.

I would do what I mentioned with the licenses, you can start almost immediately in the new state and maintain the old book.

Come on Joe, you know me better than that...career all the way..both but mainly Pl

Most PL customers could care less. It does matter to middle market commercial insurance buyers, controllers, risk managers, etc. As a agency owner I am very hesitant to hire experienced agents that don't have a designation.

The best part of the courses is meeting the other agents and benefitting from their experiences. Otherwise, the alphabet soup just clutters up your card.

+1 just did my first CIC course in agency management. It was in a zone outside of where my agency will be but I plan to finish the rest in my relative area.

Great networking...there were some cute underwriter's to flirt with while i was there..helped pass the time :)

Back