Do You Use Chatbots?

I messed around with a FB bot once. I think you could make it effective... but it would take a massive amount of time to do so. By effective, I mean the ability to answer meaningful product questions.

But the flip side to that is, they might not want to talk to the agent if the bot answers all the questions they had to begin with. IDK...

The real opportunity imo is a "service bot" that existing clients can ask basic questions to. Like "how do I change the beneficiary on my life policy?". The bot explains you have to fill out a form.. and then asks if they want the form emailed to them... and then adds that task to your task list.

When I have actually tried chat bots for various companies I deal with. The problem most often is they dont have enough info/content in the bot. Anything over a very basic question and it doesnt know the answer and says "we will have someone contact you".

And after messing around with creating a bot, I understand why that is. Because it takes a lot of time/content to make it effective. And it is not something you can just hire a tech person to do... it takes your professional knowledge to make it happen (unless you want generic answers the tech guy finds on wikipedia... lol).

I messed around with a FB bot once. I think you could make it effective... but it would take a massive amount of time to do so. By effective, I mean the ability to answer meaningful product questions.

But the flip side to that is, they might not want to talk to the agent if the bot answers all the questions they had to begin with. IDK...

The real opportunity imo is a "service bot" that existing clients can ask basic questions to. Like "how do I change the beneficiary on my life policy?". The bot explains you have to fill out a form.. and then asks if they want the form emailed to them... and then adds that task to your task list.

When I have actually tried chat bots for various companies I deal with. The problem most often is they dont have enough info/content in the bot. Anything over a very basic question and it doesnt know the answer and says "we will have someone contact you".

And after messing around with creating a bot, I understand why that is. Because it takes a lot of time/content to make it effective. And it is not something you can just hire a tech person to do... it takes your professional knowledge to make it happen (unless you want generic answers the tech guy finds on wikipedia... lol).
Also, you don't know if they'll hear Laurel or Yanny. :laugh:

Back