Doc-In-The-Box Vs Doc

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
I've posted a few of my stories before, but I'm struggling to find a use for our primary care doctor.

My wife suspected she had a sinus infection this morning. Two choices - call her doc or CVS doc-in-the-box.

I said doc-in-the-box - she insisted on calling her doc. Message at 10am? That if it's an emergency go to the ER, if not, hold. She holds. Next available appointment time? Thursday.

She bitches and they said she could come down this afternoon and "wait" to be seen. I don't have to explain that to anyone here.

So she listens to me, drives 10 minutes to CVS, texts me 20 minutes after she gets there - yep, sinus infection, antibiotics for $18 (generic) visit - $65 and she's back home.

Solved.

And if you own an HSA, it was tax deductible.

Copay plans are dinosaurs. Who needs the right to pay $35 to a doctor, when you can't book an appt, and you can get treated for just a few bucks more by being a better consumer for the small stuff.

If you had Kaiser Permanente, here in Atlanta, Ga., all you would have to do is call the local number, state that you want a same day appt, and pick your time and location.

All for $10 copay.

Boooyaahhh!

At the doc-in-the-box (which I highly recommend for those on HSA's) they don't have your medical records, no matter what location you go to. At Kaiser Permanente, they do!

Better plan-doc on call, unlimited usage, tied in w dr/hosp. Network, Aenta dental access, coast 2 coast vision, pharmacy discounts, diabetic supplies discounts , legal care direct, roadside assistance, and idenity theft.

Sell it all the time w HD major med to keep people out of doctors offices for sick visits. All for under 30 bucks a month, unlimited usage, covers entire household. Problem solved, affordable price w all the benefits.

Back