Doctor suggests divorce to Tennessee couple to help pay their child's medical bills: report

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
http://www.fox29.com/news/doctor-su...edical-bills-report?__twitter_impression=true

Jackson Tindell, 6, from Knoxville, needs speech, occupational and feeding therapies and also uses a
feeding tube.

The expenses -- which includes a formula that costs $1,700 a month, according to WVLT -- are overwhelming for his parents, Angela and Randy, who tried for 10 years to have a baby before Angela got pregnant at 42 years old.

Even with a well-paying job, Jackson’s needs aren’t covered by insurance, Randy said. But the Tindells make too much to qualify for TennCare, Tennessee’s Medicaid program.

In order to qualify with one child from ages 1 to 6, the household income must be less than $17,763, according to the TennCare website.

However, the state legislature is considering a bill that would allow TennCare to cover more children with disabilities so parents who make more money can still qualify for aid.

and also uses a

Crazy laws and regulations but there are always ways to get around laws and regulations. Divorce is a legal and civil proceeding but doesn't say the ex's can't live together. Divorce is often recommended for LTC benefits as well

Client called to state she quit her job in November, and thanked for the advice to do so. See, if she had 2 more months of income, Obamacare would have clawed back 4 months of her income. Obamacare......creating one couch potato at a time

I forget what it was called but we had help with children's coverage here until we were over 60K

I had thought it was Tenncare But, probably called something else, Because it was for children only

I have a special needs child and there was always and will be always things not covered by ins, or even Medicaid things you would never think of

However the medical the kids got here under this help was amazing included dental everything If we paid any copays is was small

My little one has autism non-verbal, we had 2 ER visits when he was little don't think it cost anything

had it up till about 5 years ago unless they discontinued it I would doubt it though

Edit: I think this is it
CoverKids

Back