Doctors and Medicare Are the times a-changing?

MAPD is the future of Medicare.

I have a medicare supplement and think advantage plans are great till you have to use them.

That being said like it or not MA plans are the future mainly because that is what big government and the insurance companies want.

Last year sometime during open enrollment I received an email from the feds with a link to website where I could compare costs between my supplement plan and the local MAPD. According to the website I would save almost a $1,000 a year if I switched to a MAPD. It also pointed out that while the MAPD had a $6,700 MOOP in network and $10K out of network there was "no limit to out of pocket cost" on a supplement.

I have a medicare supplement and think advantage plans are great till you have to use them.

That being said like it or not MA plans are the future mainly because that is what big government and the insurance companies want.

Last year sometime during open enrollment I received an email from the feds with a link to website where I could compare costs between my supplement plan and the local MAPD. According to the website I would save almost a $1,000 a year if I switched to a MAPD. It also pointed out that while the MAPD had a $6,700 MOOP in network and $10K out of network there was "no limit to out of pocket cost" on a supplement.

You know I had 3 people object with there was "no limit to out of pocket cost" on a supplement last AEP

This must be pushed by someone, These people didn't think it by themselves

I remember it well because it was such an odd thing to hear and then to hear it a 2nd and a 3rd time was even weirder

Each time was on Plan G too, With one Woman, just wouldn't get that $183 deductable was the out of pocket max, No Matter how I explained it

Each of these wanted a supplement that did not replace medicare with dental vision and gym membership

I did sign one of them though

I never heard anyone say that before last AEP and had not heard it since AEP

Last edited:
You know I had 3 people object with there was "no limit to out of pocket cost" on a supplement last AEP

This must be pushed by someone, These people didn't think it by themselves

I remember it well because it was such an odd thing to hear and then to hear it a 2nd and a 3rd time was even weirder

Each time was on Plan G too, With one Woman, just wouldn't get that $183 deductable was the out of pocket max, No Matter how I explained it

Each of these wanted a supplement that did not replace medicare with dental vision and gym membership

I did sign one of them though

Were these folks in Alabama or West Virginia?

CMS Compare_2.jpg

Above is the screen shot from the website the feds set up to compare plans.

That's BS.

Do you have the URL? Not doubting just want to see where Mcare has this.

Just go to the Medicare.gov website and click on the the green button that say "$ Estimate Medicare Cost" and fill in the compare information. They changed the format a little bit but the info is still there.

Back