Does AARP require a face to face for Med supp?

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
Does AARP require a face to face to sell their Medicare supplements or can you mail out the information for them to look at along with the application?

Some people just don't want to meet in person.

Thanks in advance.

Does AARP require a face to face to sell their Medicare supplements or can you mail out the information for them to look at along with the application?

Some people just don't want to meet in person.

Thanks in advance.

AARP doesn't sell it face to face. Why not just fax it? No one really cares unless you are crooked.
:cool:

some insurance companies want you to meet the clients, others don't care and you can write it through the mail. I know AARP writes it through the mail directly but do they allow their agents to do so also?

I just called up the United HealthCare DSU at 888-381-8581. They do NOT allow the AARP Medicare Supplement to be sold over the phone. You have to sell it face-to-face.

It's not necessarily over the phone, you're mailing the application and information for the client to look over....the same as AARP. We need to call and ask if the applications can be mailed to the client to look over and also enroll.

It's not necessarily over the phone, you're mailing the application and information for the client to look over....the same as AARP. We need to call and ask if the applications can be mailed to the client to look over and also enroll.

"It's easier to get forgiveness than to get permission."

Rules are made to be broken. Common sense always prevails. We are in the 21st century.

If you are going to be an honest agent, then do what ever it takes. Gas and auto maintence is going up.

Be cool.

"It's easier to get forgiveness than to get permission."

Rules are made to be broken. Common sense always prevails. We are in the 21st century.

If you are going to be an honest agent, then do what ever it takes. Gas and auto maintence is going up.

Be cool.

I agree with Rabbi. If you're honest and ethical in your client dealings, then it shouldn't matter if you mail it or see them face to face. Personally, I have only written 2 AARP Med Supps and both were via mail.

Additionally, UHC's DSU is worthless. I wouldn't depend on anything they state as being factual.

Back