Does Anyone else Find Cigna's Underwriting

Wack? I have had good experience with them, and then extraordinarily bad. It's like a roller coaster ride and I really don't care for it at these reduced commissions.

I'm getting Cigna applications now that were sent months ago to people that planned to change at the first of the year, but have waited until now. I'm steadily sending these apps to them and hate having to deal with them and their uw.

As a side note I find individual health to be a pita now anyway. It's all I can do to hold my tongue when I'm speaking to just about any of the carriers about anything. I feel like just saying something unnecessarily vulgar on a daily basis.

What problems are you having with underwriting???
- Taking months to process???
- Denials???

Personally, I can't stand their LONG (time consuming) online application.
And, that customers get a "time out" notice while applying & need to log-BACK-in every time they turn around.
It runs them OFF (before they "submit").

Would you people PLEASE be more specific?

Why do you "love" Cigna, Mark?

I'm always SO happy when their prices are TOO high (which is MOST of the time right now in Texas). There is only ONE Tx zip code that has competitive prices (with Cigna). And, I can usually beat that (when I compare benefits with the client).

Cigna VALUE plans have SUCH HIGH out-of-pocket maximums!

Customer Service is fine (when I need them).
But, their online app process just seemed to run everyone OFF before they could get to the END (last year...when I WAS recommending Cigna).

Haven't recommended Cigna for several months; even though they DO pay Tx agents MORE than any of the other companies.

Cigna is a complete waste of time. I posted my experience on 2 recent cases about 2 months ago. Haven't bothered with them since, and won't be.

Nah.
:nah:

Cigna has pockets where they are competitive and FL is one of them.

Rates are high here but less than the new (lower) rates from GR/UHC.

Underwriting always has been a hack job here.

We are supposed to get new plans and lower rates, especially on HSA, in the summer.

So?

Would you people PLEASE be more specific?

Why do you "love" Cigna, Mark?

no mickey mouse pref vs std rates.....

more lenient uw compared to paramed/med records trigger happy h1.....

pretty quick uw

Personal Underwriter I can speak with....

.....Cons......

12% vs 13-14% with uhc/h1

no advance :(

Back