Does anyone know anything about Assurant?

Hey Fellow Agents,

I got approached the other day by this Assurant Recruiter about a position with their company. I have to do an assessment and then they'll see if I'm qualified.

Has anyone ever worked for them or know someone who has? How's the pay and is it base plus commission?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm going to Chicago next week and I'm very excited about going. I heard a lot about the city but never been there. If anybody has been there, can you recommend some places for my family and I to go to and also how's the insurance business there? Thanks

Nttwrkz1

I got approached the other day by this Assurant Recruiter about a position with their company. I have to do an assessment and then they'll see if I'm qualified.

This is going to be a very long thread.

Is this an agency? Is this the Company direct?

I am confused - unless this is some type of position at Assurant Direct, but the "... see if you are qualified..." doesn't pass the smell test.

I agree with Joe (TX) Is it as an RSD, corporate, what's the position? Is it for a call center? Since you did ask what the market is like, as in selling right?

I don't know a lick about underage health...

But I can tell you about the Market in Chicago...

By far the best Market to sell dual eligible products...

Okay,

The position is an sales manager and it's with the corporate Ohio office. I didn't ask any questions because she spoke so fast and buy time I realized I had a few questions to ask, the phone call was over. I plan to talk to them extensively on Monday. Sorry for being unclear. Thanks

Nttwrkz1

Usually the "assessment" is to see if you have enough money to live off of while you build up a position. There are tons of Assurant posts you can search for.

Every market I sell in they are not competitive on price. They have some innovative ideas but most of my top tier carriers beat them on price all day long.

Sales manager, RSD. If this is in their corp office it depends. The GA office is a one man band with an RSD. Can't speak for other offices, but back in the "old days" it was not unusual to have a manager and several reps running out of one regional office.

Most likely a salaried position with expense account and bonus based on production. I can't tell you how much folks like that make these days but based on personal observation it is liveable but you will not get rich. Some positions, and the RSD and his secretary in GA, also are permitted to have personal production. As long as it does not interfere with your day job, you can pick up some extra money.

One of the problems I have with this is it puts you in competition with your agents . . . something I never cared for but carriers do some stupid things and that is one of them.

The RSD in GA is fairly good. Knows his stuff. Responds quickly to email, not as much on phone calls. Except for the fact they are not competitive, have lousy products (other than OD) and can't underwrite, I really wouldn't mind putting more business with them.

Back