Does Anyone Know of Your Insurance Group from Fla. ?

I hear Gooner is the resident forum expert on YIG. Anyone interested in YIG should talk to him first LMAO ---------- Bro, I am sorry to hear you had that happen to you, dont let it slow you down, just buy leads elsewhere, move your contracts and keep on grinding!! You are among friends here.

Second expert at this point.

Biggest scam going i signed up bought some leads that were 2 hours away and almost 4 years old and got appointed and bought there bullshit packet they sell you and never did anything as they force you to buy their expensive leads after your owner goes through and picks the leads of their choice and then sends out the rest to their teams. DO NOT DO IT

...............Here you go Grindallday

Biggest scam going i signed up bought some leads that were 2 hours away and almost 4 years old and got appointed and bought there bullshit packet they sell you and never did anything as they force you to buy their expensive leads after your owner goes through and picks the leads of their choice and then sends out the rest to their teams. DO NOT DO IT
josh do you mind elaborating a bit. how much and how many leands did you get. did you buy them for your county or a county or two over from where you live? what brought you to the conclusion that the onwer hand picked the best first. like did you have evidence or something to lead you to believe that. appreciate honest reviews like yours. people need to see posts like that when deciding whom to trust thier careers with.

Last edited:
The only leads that were available by the time the owners of the agency sent out the emails they were for several counties away and nothing local at all. I bought 30 of the cheaper leads as my first purchase and they were a waste and after talking with some prior and current employees I terminated my employment and would never go back again. They started getting really shady and stand offish when I was inquiring about using and obtaining my own leads and talking about negotiating my commission which was 80% and the agency was getting 140%. They are def not out for your best interest unless you start your own agency which you could just go direct to the carriers and do just fine.

That sucks to hear of your experience Josh. I don't know for sure but I think maybe the problem was with your up line not giving you the right guidance. Your up line isnt YIG unless you were right under the owners, so you cant base experiences with the company unless you brought it to their attention to help fix . I'm not defending YIG in any way here. From the sounds of it several people have had some tough experiences with them. Haven't seen any actuall proof of serious wrong doing but if enough are complaining then a wise assumption would be maybe there are issues here and there and maybe too often. My personal experience has not been that so far. Your up line failed to help you to the right leads. That's why I asked the questions I asked. If you buy fresh leads they are doing an actual mail drop for you. You request which county you want them mailed in. These are the leads that are the most expensive and takes 3 weeks to come in from the drop. I understand just starting out that putting in lead orders may be tough, but you have to invest money to make money. When saying there were no leads avaialable in your area and only in several counties over and saying you were looking at the list that were emailed out. Those are not fresh leads. Those are aged and older left over leads. They are leads that were either not purchased from mail drops or surplus from those drops. But these are aged leads. Because they are old leads if the company is doing things right then once these old leads are purchased they won't be available in that area again as long as there are agent buying new leads. Example I can't buy aged leads where I am and haven't been able to for months. There are none. But I can buy fresh leads from drops every week. Your original post was claiming that you were sold old leads that were 4 yrs old. I'm sorry but that is what you bought. The lead order form clearly states they are old and yrs old and not fresh. You didn't spend $600 for 29 fresh leads at $30 a piece you got like 50 old crappy leads for $100. You can't expect to make 3 to 5 grand a week on a $100 investment. The $600 dollar fresh lead will get you there though if your good. This is just how the business works. As far as having to drive 2 hrs to the lead area. That's the area you chose. Once again if you buy fresh leads then you can buy leads in the county you live in. I don't buy off of those lists thru YIG. I order fresh lead drops. Saying they force you to buy your expensive leads isnt true, but you need to by fresh leads to succeed. many on here may knock YIG leads but all will admit that you need fresh leads to succeed. Well I see that you have moved on and I hope everything is going great for you but tell me are you buying fresh expensive leads and making bank right now or are you buying old leads cheap and still making bank. Because any experienced agent on here will tell you that if you want to make 3 to 5 grand a week so then you need fresh leads and that you have to buy the expensive ones. If I am wrong and someone knows a way to spend $100 a week and still have those results please sign me up now. I'm ready to drink your kool aid.
The last thing was that you claimed that the owner picks out the best leads first. Well you may be right but if you bought aged leads then they hand picked the best 4 yrs ago so it doesn't matter today. Second thing I just don't understand the owner picks the best out first concept. Maybe it happens to other agents but I'm just here stating what has and hasn't happened to me. How would the owners know what the best leads are. I get my leads and in the same batch I have one in the ghetto, one in a beautiful 300k house that has no need for my product maybe and one in a house with 15 cats and the entire place smells like urine and has been on a hoarder special before. I have gotten sales in all of these houses before also. Point is the owner can't tell from the lead what kind of house it will be just from having an address. If that theory worked trend I would only be recieving leads that said lot number on them so the owner knew it was a trailer and handed it off. Which also I have had some great trailer park sales. Next thing my leads are mixed with some with phone numbers and some not. So now I know they aren't taking all the ones with numbers out so they can call and I cant. Last thing on hand picked by owner leads. I had worked for an imo before that every lead I went to they said they called me and I told them I wasn't interested. Every door. That's when you know they precalled all of your leads and sent you what they didn't get appts with. I have not had one of these since with YIG. Not once. Trust me the second it happens they get put on blast on here and my new part time job is making sure everyone knows what they did to me.

My point is that I have had some issues myself with YIG. I worked through them. Still have some current issues with contract negotiations but still they are working with me. Are they being a bit greedy, hey we are all salesman and running business. Business is not good if your giving away money. Personally I think your problem was your up line. I don't think you got enough guidance or the right guidance. I dont think an entire company should have to pay for one persons faults. But in general so far my experience with YIG had been fine. I haven't caught them in anything and I'm making great money. I think a lot of the issues against YIG may be isolated and individual. To say they are scamming or stealing. Not sure that is fair. Sometimes you can have a bad experience with certain people but don't know if bashing and slandering the entire company is appropriate in return. Just saying.
Once again selfishly I care about me and my business right now. I'm here to educate myself with others experiences because I want to be career focused not is my up line screwing me focused. Hopefully I will be able to help others on here in the future with what I have learned and experienced. I really hope I never have to jump on the bash YIG band wagon though, but if something goes wrong I will be right there with you.
Advice for Josh, if you haven't found a home contact newbie, gooner, or jdeasy. They will have real and honest conversations with you and expect nothing in return. Won't try to recruit you or anything will just be honest. If you ask them though they may guide you in the right direction.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I know that they have definitely cheated or atleast tried to cheat several agents...that's all I need to know.

Don't forget they will steal an entire down line if given the chance just to cut out the little guy, so they can line there pockets with un earned monies.

Back