Does ANYONE Know What's Up with Health Sherpa?

john2014

I have some questions and can't seem to get answer from Health Sherpa. Has anyone heard, as OEP is going to be here before we all know it?
  1. What's with the three way call with Healhcare.gov. I can do that without Health Sherpa?
  2. Will Sherpa be able to function like it did last year for OEP? And, if so, at the same pricing?
  3. I have a friend who used Sherpa and lots of clients ended up with George from Sherpa as the BOR? What's with that?

If anyone knows, please let me know. I need to figure out what I'm going to do for my business!

George as the BOR? You sure bout that? That would be catastrophic to HS if they ever pulled that stunt? I doubt that's happening.

I do a lot of SEP business and have been using HS still.

Ning has assured me they are still going to be here for OEP as well as SEPs after July 10. No more 3 way call after July 10.

I have some questions and can't seem to get answer from Health Sherpa. Has anyone heard, as OEP is going to be here before we all know it?
  1. What's with the three way call with Healhcare.gov. I can do that without Health Sherpa?
  2. Will Sherpa be able to function like it did last year for OEP? And, if so, at the same pricing?
  3. I have a friend who used Sherpa and lots of clients ended up with George from Sherpa as the BOR? What's with that?

If anyone knows, please let me know. I need to figure out what I'm going to do for my business!

I don't think HS is deliberately stealing biz, but it has been known to happen that the wrong agent will get listed as AOR.

So far, I believe Quotit is the only compliant solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is JohnATQuotit?
Same as the people sending out this email?

Email that I received today:

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has enabled direct enrollment channels for those who qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) under the Affordable Care Act.
A 15-year industry leader and an approved Web Based Entity since 2013, Quotit is part of the CMS alpha test group driving this new enrollment functionality.
Quotit mPro is the only fully compliant broker solution that will have this capability starting in mid-July.

Who is JohnATQuotit?
Same as the people sending out this email?

Yes, my company did send that out.

I monitor this board because it has valuable info for brokers and as a consultant, I like to stay on top of the latest news about my industry.

Yes, my company did send that out.

I monitor this board because it has valuable info for brokers and as a consultant, I like to stay on top of the latest news about my industry.

Is Quotit going to have rates available at midnight on 11/1?

Or are we going to have to wait 10-14 days again to be able to run quotes this OEP???

Biggest waste of money in 15 years....

Yes, John is definitely the OP.
Since he edited his post (#4 above), you can't tell (any longer).
Post #4 referenced his reason for "starting" the thread (before he deleted/edited Post #4). Can't remember all that he posted (now that it's gone).
Talked about a friend of his from Oregon who enrolled 7000 during OEP & had numerous problems with HS....including "George as BOR".

HS has their problems; but "George as BOR" is probably NOT one of them.

Back