Does anyone offer to a 86 year old female?

Had a daughter call looking for $10-30K FE for her 86 year old mom in decent health. Willing to go graded if necessary. And if yes, what might something like this cost? My first reaction was "don't even think about it"

If there is such a solution, I would likely want to get contracted with the assumption that there is some commission involved at this age....else, I can hand it off to someone who knows this industry.

I am not a FE person. Thanks

Aetna would write her, but if she has to go graded the figures probably won't work out in her favor. It might be best she head down to the local funeral home to see what they can offer her.

Security National Life for $10k non-tobacco: Preferred - $166.98/mo EFT. Standard - $199.70/mo

Aetna would write her, but if she has to go graded the figures probably won't work out in her favor. It might be best she head down to the local funeral home to see what they can offer her.

Particularly since Aetna won't offer graded at age 86.

Since the OP shows being in Georgia, you could combine 10k with Aetna and 10k with Security National Life for a total of 20k, assuming she qualifies.

Even going to the funeral home won't be pretty if they put her into any kind of insurance that isn't a single pay, and even that is trading dollars at her age.

At this point the daughter needs to take whatever she can get if they don't have the cash on hand.

Since the OP shows being in Georgia, you could combine 10k with Aetna and 10k with Security National Life for a total of 20k, assuming she qualifies.

Even going to the funeral home won't be pretty if they put her into any kind of insurance that isn't a single pay, and even that is trading dollars at her age.

At this point the daughter needs to take whatever she can get if they don't have the cash on hand.

I haven't used Aetna for those ages in so long I glossed right over that!

ACTUALLY, it more PARTICULARLY that AETNA WON"T ANSWER THE PHONE!!!
I have tried so long and so hard to talk to a human in their Final Expense Department...no luck so far!!

Had a daughter call looking for $10-30K FE for her 86 year old mom in decent health. Willing to go graded if necessary. And if yes, what might something like this cost? My first reaction was "don't even think about it"

If there is such a solution, I would likely want to get contracted with the assumption that there is some commission involved at this age....else, I can hand it off to someone who knows this industry.

I am not a FE person. Thanks
what state.

With pre-need plans you can only do monthly payments up to age 85. Single pay only at 86+

But in PreNeed we do a lot of back dating to save age. So if they are within 6-months of turning 86 they can still be 85. They will have to make a down payment of the months since the birthday.

The way I would do them at that age is to just divide the face amount you want by 24. Pay that amount each month for 24 months and add $150 (fee) to the final payment. That is a 24 month same as cash conversion. If the funeral home doesn’t have a plan that offers that, then it would be a real bad idea to start a payment with them at all. The numbers don’t work UNLESS they know for certain they are going to die within the next two years.

Back