Does Anyone Use NAPA for E&O Insurance

Smarco:

I spoke to a few lawyers, some of them is asking for a 20K retainer. Hence, I need to find out if I can answer it by mail or (worst case in person)

I will keep people updated, but I suppose after writing this, no one else would dare to write anything on the internet anymore.
--------------
Why are you flying to FL to answer the suit in person?

They have attorney(s).

You don't?

You might as well be prepared to settle for whatever they want.

As for the other responses, ALL insurance is great until you use it. Until you have a claim you won't know if it is worthwhile or not.

Smarco:

I spoke to a few lawyers, some of them is asking for a 20K retainer. Hence, I need to find out if I can answer it by mail or (worst case in person)

I will keep people updated, but I suppose after writing this, no one else would dare to write anything on the internet anymore.
--------------

They have attorney(s).

You don't?

As for the other responses, ALL insurance is great until you use it. Until you have a claim you won't know if it is worthwhile or not.

I'm wondering...if you had written that, prefacing it with..."In my opinion", would it have made a difference. I don't think you can be sued over your opinion. Maybe it would make a difference if you went back and changed it. Who knows? I'm just saying that maybe the judge would have a little leniency if you did.

But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer nor have a played one on TV. I did play an FBI agent on the show "The New Detectives". I don't think that will help either! :no:

SO, ANYONE with MONEY can sue you for whatever reason. No reason needed.

I have the right to ask the judge to toss out the case, but if I don't answer the case by next week, I lose, (default judgment)

I wish you are a real FBI agent, at least, the FBI should have a look into this matter. This has been going on for years. I didn't get it when the owner kept telling me he makes a lot of money, (apparently by scamming people in my opinion)
-----------------------
I'm wondering...if you had written that, prefacing it with..."In my opinion", would it have made a difference. I don't think you can be sued over your opinion. Maybe it would make a difference if you went back and changed it. Who knows? I'm just saying that maybe the judge would have a little leniency if you did.

But what do I know? I'm not a lawyer nor have a played one on TV. I did play an FBI agent on the show "The New Detectives". I don't think that will help either! :no:

They have attorney(s).

You don't?

Frankly, I bet they would be happy with a retraction and published apology.

Why would E&O cover a business complaint?

E&O would help you if a CLIENT was harmed by negligence.

This is a civil suit against you as a writer and/or business person... not as a client filing suit against wrongful acts of an agent.

However, I am NOT an attorney and this is not legal advice.

If there is an E&O that covers Lawsuit, I am all in. It is kind of like buying life insurance after you had cancer.

SafePolicies, You don't seem to have gotten the message about what you wrote, and continue to post, about Agentra or whatever company you have a beef with. Now it could appear that you are taking a stab at pissing off NAPA because you screwed up with the health insurance company. Dude, get off the internet, put your twitter on hold, stop writing things about companies that are groundless, and take your beating from the lawsuit.

It took them about 48 hours to respond to my email case submission.

I will keep you guy updated. Not sure who else has been sue before, but some people who know law told me, E&O company will generally decline to cover, not until you get a lawyer involved.

ANYONE WITH SUCH EXPERIENCE?
--------------------------------------------------
Re: Fwd: Claim Request for Policy 596427449 [#3896476]
Inbox
x

profile_mask2.png

New Loss - Specialty Pro
Wed, Mar 20, 12:41 PM (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you for contacting CNA Claim Reporting. This is an automated acknowledgement that your communication has been received. If this is a first notice of a loss or claim, your request will be processed and assigned during normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM CST to 7:00 PM CST.

For requests received outside of normal business hours, your request will be processed on the next business day.

To speak with a Customer Service Representative, please call 1-877-209-8617.

We appreciate your business and are committed to providing superior customer service.

Most likely not, as I always tell my client, cheap insurance is not good & good insurance is not cheap, but I am doing it to myself for buying the Cheap NAPA plan.

However, I haven't heard back from NAPA, it may really cover it.

If you take down that post and send them an apology....it just might work. That's what I'm trying to tell you. You won't know until you try and it certainly won't hurt you to try, would it?

Back