Does Cigna or any Sup carrier have gym membership?

junkman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I had a prospect tell me that his sister enrolled in a Cigna supplement and receive gym membership included in the premium. He swears that it isn't an Advantage plan.

What gives?

Its amazing to me that gym membership add ons become more important than the supplement or Med C coverage itself. Ridiculous that this even enters our conversations repeatedly as insurance agents. I feel like Im selling health club memberships. Puke.

FB will offer it on sups in 2019 for a fee, all MAPD plans have it for free. I have two under 65 clients that are personal trainers at places that accept SS and tell me in January they many new seniors, in Feb they lose about 20%, down again in March and by April just about all have given up. I share in my seminars if you are purchasing an MAPD only because of SS, dental, vision or hearing that these add on's should not be the reason for puchasing.

Salpro has it right in the above post.

@HealthGuy, This guy doesn't care about that. He's healthy and cheap. I was pushing the sup because I don't like Advantage restrictions and max liability. He muddied the water with Cigna offering gym membership which my understanding was Silver Sneakers with Advantage only.

Gym is only important if the client says it is. And shouldn't be the driver but is. People do what they want.

Cigna ARLIC uses Silver and Fit. Supplements with UHC, Humana, and some of the Blues have Silver Sneakers, with UHC switching to Renew Active (formerly Optum Fitness) in more states in 2019 for their MA plans.

Anyone know which fitness benefit Cigna HealthSpring has for its MA plans? I have a client whose only criterion for an MA plan is S&F because it includes Lifetime Fitness and his current plan is switching from S&F to SS in 2019. He’s has VA benefits so this perq is the only plan feature he cares about. CHS is the only plan that I don’t know who they use, but because ARLIC uses S&F...

Back