Does Cigna or any Sup carrier have gym membership?

Wow there is no across the line silver sneakers anywhere. It’s on a state by state basis. You need to call Cigna yourself and ask for your state.
And not all MAPD plans offer a gym membership like stated earlier.

The only company I know of in FL to give SS is Humana. AARP doesn’t give a discount here and they may in another state. I have a client in Iowa who got SS discounted with Cigna.

Humana's supps have Silver Sneakers in the Carolinas. I assumed they did it everywhere but maybe not. Their premiums are competitive here and underwriting not too bad either.

FB will offer it on sups in 2019 for a fee, all MAPD plans have it for free. I have two under 65 clients that are personal trainers at places that accept SS and tell me in January they many new seniors, in Feb they lose about 20%, down again in March and by April just about all have given up. I share in my seminars if you are purchasing an MAPD only because of SS, dental, vision or hearing that these add on's should not be the reason for puchasing.

Salpro has it right in the above post.

What does FB mean? All the extra benefits of MA plans, are nice, but let's face it, it's a "herd mentality" approach to the "new " (cough) MA benefits available for 2019. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and I love the fact that seniors have more benefits.

Personally, I'd love to see the opportunity for a senior to purchase a Part B premium reduction plan AND have the ability to take those savings and purchase a stand along Part D plan. And I want to see an OOPM for drugs! Ban me or not, but it's BULLSHIT that hasn't been put in place, yet!

The donut hole is closing....GREAT, but how about putting a limit for drug expenses. Doesn't make sense to me that a senior can buy a plan with a potential an $80-$125+ part b premium reduction CREDIT and NOT be allowed to purchase a stand alone drug part. It's all coming out of the same kettle so who really cares, right??

End rant, enjoy the song.

What does FB mean? All the extra benefits of MA plans, are nice, but let's face it, it's a "herd mentality" approach to the "new " (cough) MA benefits available for 2019. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and I love the fact that seniors have more benefits.

Personally, I'd love to see the opportunity for a senior to purchase a Part B premium reduction plan AND have the ability to take those savings and purchase a stand along Part D plan. And I want to see an OOPM for drugs! Ban me or not, but it's BULLSHIT that hasn't been put in place, yet!

The donut hole is closing....GREAT, but how about putting a limit for drug expenses. Doesn't make sense to me that a senior can buy a plan with a potential an $80-$125+ part b premium reduction CREDIT and NOT be allowed to purchase a stand alone drug part. It's all coming out of the same kettle so who really cares, right??

End rant, enjoy the song.

FB is facebook lol, no Florida Blue

Back