Does DI Cover....

torri

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
GA
While going B2B on healthcare campaign, a potental client asked me about DI coverage she is a beautian and would like to purchase DI to coverage. she is recently married and maybe starting a family will DI cover her for materity leave.

Last edited:
Some of the worksite plans have a maternity/disability plan.

Ditto.

I think that Aflacs DI plan had a maternity benefit in it (its been a long time since I have sold any aflac)

Some individual policies have a maternity rider for females, but its expensive and there is usually a 9-12 month wait.

There will be at least a 9 month waiting period for any policy that covers maternity.

Also, it will not cover her for the full 9 months of pregnancy, it will only cover the birth and recovery after, if she is put on bed rest then they might cover that.

So for most pregnancies there would only be a week or two max that would be covered.
(not worth the money imo just to cover lost income from the birth)

Last edited:
I helped with a school enrollment a few years back. Seems like they used Colonial or Allstate for a DI product that had a maternity benefit. I believe it was a 6 week benefit and it was capped at maybe $300 or so.

Thanks for the info. I did not do DI yet. However, to inquires about DI.

torri, just a friendly FYI... you have started a couple of threads with a few words followed by ... without completing the thought. People tend to ignore those threads when in a hurry.

Most of the worksite providers (Aflac, Colonial, etc) have policies that will cover her normal delivery - six weeks for vaginal birth, eight weeks for c-section delivery, less the elimination period. There is a nine or ten month exclusion for normal delivery. You would need to get her employer to offer the policies to the entire group in order for her to get coverage. Aflac will require at least two other enrolled participants.

Latest posts

Back