Does every carrier have a war clause? Insuring military question.

fjman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a military prospect. He has about $400K through the military and needs more coverage. I'm wonering is there's a carrier that does NOT have an act of war clause on their policy? Maybe FirstCommand?

He'll buy a policy either way, but given the nature of his work I thought it would be benifitial to see if this is available. Thanks guys.

First Command is a Registered Investment Advisor and a broker of Insurance products, not an insurance company. Call them and ask one of their local reps what companies they would recommend. They may tell you, they may not, but they sell many life policies to military who end up in war zones. I would tell you, but I forgot...I think Monumental, Liberty, Globe and others cover war, but aviators are more limited.

Maybe I misunderstood, but Guardian (unless they changed their policy since January) will insure a member of the military. (I've done it several times and they will offer the "life" policy with no restrictions----------my clients did have to fill out a military waiver and state they did not have current orders to a war zone). I'd guess the coverage would be declined if they had standing orders to a war zone!

I don't think its an issue of getting coverage placed. Its more a guarantee on the DB if the insured dies in an act of war. They could possibly only recieve premiums paid, correct?

Back