Does Premier Senior Marketing Sell Obamacare Plans?

Just curious to know if Premier Senior Marketing (out of Northfolk, NE) sells Obamacare plans.

I know they do MA, Supps, LTC, Life, all for seniors, but just wondering if they are into the ACA.

And if they do, how is the compensation?

Why can't we just HELP the newbies instead of being snarky jerks? It was a simple question, made in the middle of the night. Knock it off guys. If we want a good community of agents, we need to be nice to everyone- especially the new kids. After we get to know them, THAT's when we can get snarky.
Thank you for reading my public service message.
@San- I'm glad you were able to find your answer and I apologize for the knuckleheads.

Thank you Cindy! It is nice to see that there is also nice people in this forum.

----------

This one took under 2 minutes. I type fast. Well I don't type anymore, I hope you guys can keep the secret.

I apologize sanbor for being a jerk this morning. I did provide you yesterday with several links to your other question and hope you found out what you were looking for. Again I am sorry.

Accepted blue, and I embrace your goodwill.

Thank you so much for the links you sent me, they look very interesting... but I am hesitating since this people -the 2 owners- have been licensed for only 2 years, and so their company. So the big question remains there, are they trusty? I have seen stories of agents selling a lot and then loosing all commissions, I just don't want to be another victim...

So that is why I am still looking into other options.

Thank you again blue!! You have earned a friend here.

What is you home state?

My home state is Florida. I never heard of that company until you asked. All you can do is see if they have any complaints with the OIR.

Hello blue! I requested to change my name a few days ago to this one since the sanbor... was way too long.

Yes I do have the 220, since 2003. When I first got it I worked for an Allstate agency in Boca Raton for a few months, then I landed in the agency where I am now, 10+ years now with them.

We specialize in Commercial Auto (trucking insurance), which is insuring 18 wheelers. That is the only kind of insurance we do there. We do Liability, Cargo, Physical Damage, Non-Trucking Libiity, General Liability, and a couple more things but all for truckers.

Despite the fact that I am licensed to sell and duly appointed and bilingual (spanish), they have me doing the accounting there. I cannot complain, but after 10+ years doing the same, and no room for advancement, and at age 50, I think it is time to explore other options... before it's time to retire...

I got the Health license because they needed somebody having that so they could sell a big policy. Only 4 of us have the 220 there, the 3 owners and me. None of them wanted to go to school and state exam for the 240, so I went since they covered all costs and fees. So this last January I got the 240 and like 3 days later they sold that policy they needed.

I was planning to get the 215 for a long time but always postponed, so this was a good excuse to finally get it. I can always go back to get the Life + Annuities later (214).

P&C is a pain in the neck down here in South Florida. Appointments are very hard to get, almost impossible. You have to sign with a MGA (if you find one willing) to get access to markets, and that does not guarantee success. Also P&C is so vast that you better specialize in something if you want to do Commercial Lines, or if you want to do Personal Lines then you need a lot of volume to make it. Again if you don't have the appointments then you will not get anywhere. It is very sad.

I find Health different. There are FMOs out there who will give you (fair) contracts, good training, and all the markets you need, in all the states you need, and good technology to quote and process apps, to sell MA, Supps, PDPs, Dental & Vision, LTC, Life, etc. All of that is just impossible in P&C. And I assume Obamacare quickly will be adopted by those FMOs since there is a lot of money to be made with that, probably more than with Medicare et al (it is my assumption, but time will tell).

I have seen Heath agents doing 6 figures after 2-3 years. I know it is doable. You just have to surround yourself with the right people, get good training, get the markets and the technology, and put in some hard work.

Well it sounds like you enjoy your job but stagnant. If you've been there 10+ years make a deal with the owner's in writing for you to bring on health and life insurer's and hire agents under you but give them a fair commission, then work out an override split with the owner's. Make sure you can get the benefit of adding the lines across to your owner's. I don't see where you would need FMO's for health contracts, some agents on here have direct contracts with UHC, Humana, Aetna for under 65, but from what I've read from agents down your way you do have to go through an FMO or IMO for Med Advantage.

You see with the landscape of the health market coming down the road I would not give up what you have now. But then again your area has 20 times the population than my area. If you want to add bcbsfl to your mix there is an MGA on the boards here that I believe is very honest, he also has incorporated P&C into his business model over the past few years. Nope not of the one's that a few have mentioned on here either. He is on east coast and does read the boards. Good luck.

----------

BTW his ID on here is Blue.

Back