Does Your State Sell Drivers License Data

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
So companies like Real-Comp and Public Data offer for a fee access to state Drivers license and vehicle title information in Texas. Anyone in other states know if their state allows vendors to purchase the Drivers license and title info?

bro what is this delta force crap you're doin here? Just get referrals all day & quit scheming ways to mass solicit people for insurance. Oh ya...you have to because you're a captive. I'm sorry you don't want to make America great again.

Enlighten some of us. What good would having the DL record and Title Info do? Is there a phone number attached where someone will pick up the phone anytime between the hours of say 8 to 8 everyday?

bro what is this delta force crap you're doin here? Just get referrals all day & quit scheming ways to mass solicit people for insurance. Oh ya...you have to because you're a captive. I'm sorry you don't want to make America great again.

Delta force crap? Well now that we are patent pending you can check out AgencyMVP.
(It's currently built for Farmers Agents) other captives and IA won't be done for 3-6 months.
My sales tool will have in Texas the drivers license and motor vehicle database built in. That means a user just has to click "discover Drivers" in my software and it shows everyone who's license and title info matches the address. Users just simply select who / vehicle and it transfers all that data into the prospects profile. Saves from asking tons of personal questions and time finding and entering in the data.

So I was asking for Integration reasons for other states. Texas sells that data to vendors. Looking for other states that do the same.

Last edited:
hmmm....Todd02 some questions here..

1.) Eradicates lists & uses a single database - Ok, so people still need a "database" of people to quote. So they're buying lists & letting your system essentially optimize that list to MVP's?

Please elaborate. I'm sure you're not paying the developer/s out of pocket, so you must have setup a revenue share. How are you going to fund the backend support? What will costs be?

There are several laws about accessing DMV data and most are designed to prevent the type of use you are proposing. You need to have permission from the prospect to access it from the DMV in almost all states.

That said, there are databases of this information available from other sources. They are not as reliable but are used frequently for marketing purposes, but they are tending to be very aged, especially in the vehicle area since people tend to swap cars every 3-5 years.

You might try googling 'drivers privacy protection act', its a federal law with many states enhancing it significantly. This prevents a lot of the type of marketing you are suggesting on your website.

Dan

There are several laws about accessing DMV data and most are designed to prevent the type of use you are proposing. You need to have permission from the prospect to access it from the DMV in almost all states.

That said, there are databases of this information available from other sources. They are not as reliable but are used frequently for marketing purposes, but they are tending to be very aged, especially in the vehicle area since people tend to swap cars every 3-5 years.

You might try googling 'drivers privacy protection act', its a federal law with many states enhancing it significantly. This prevents a lot of the type of marketing you are suggesting on your website.

Dan

I think what he's talking about is akin to what a lot of carriers have in their quoting software. Tons of carriers attempt to auto-populate drivers, license numbers and vehicles in their quoting tools, he's just talking about a CRM doing the same thing. He's claiming "permissible use" either as A) Farmers Insurance (assuming they would adopt the software) as an Insurance company or B) A legitimate business attempting to verify the accuracy of personal information.

If the system mass-populated that info for every name on a marketing list, yeah, big problem. He's just eliminating the process of prospects you're already on the phone with digging up their license numbers, vin numbers, not disclosing people/cars, etc.

The issue is I don't see that much of an itch it's supposed to scratch since carriers are doing it anyway.

^^ If you haven't notice, you're supposed to read a disclosure before ordering these reports. You're not supposed to be doing this unless they've approved that. Not sure how you can do this on a mass scale w/ a list (but I'm sure he's thought of that.") His website specifically says it eliminates lists though so not sure?

There's always reasons people will pepper new ideas with how it WON'T work and what COULD go wrong. I just want clarity from Todd02 on all this

^^ If you haven't notice, you're supposed to read a disclosure before ordering these reports. You're not supposed to be doing this unless they've approved that. Not sure how you can do this on a mass scale w/ a list (but I'm sure he's thought of that.") His website specifically says it eliminates lists though so not sure?

There's always reasons people will pepper new ideas with how it WON'T work and what COULD go wrong. I just want clarity from Todd02 on all this

Only he can verify, but I didn't read it as doing it on a mass scale. I read it as working exactly like a carrier's system would, one prospect at a time, disclosure and all. "Lists" as used on his site doesn't seem to mean an uploaded marketing list, rather any subcategory of prospects in a pipeline (like people I quoted in March, people who went with carrier X instead, people with too many accidents, etc.) It attempts to consider all these potential factors and make them into an ordered "list" of people most likely to buy now.

----------

To be more succinct, it sounds like the help it gives with new prospects is the ability to auto-populate those fields when you're talking to someone (like a carrier). All the other strengths are geared toward prioritizing follow-up, not telling you who to cold call.

hmmm....Todd02 some questions here..

1.) Eradicates lists & uses a single database - Ok, so people still need a "database" of people to quote. So they're buying lists & letting your system essentially optimize that list to MVP's?

Please elaborate. I'm sure you're not paying the developer/s out of pocket, so you must have setup a revenue share. How are you going to fund the backend support? What will costs be?

I have very large investors and I do have some best of the best engineers on payroll. Already have over a million into this and we have plenty of back end support. This is going to disrupt the entire industry.

Glad you asked the question the way you did. Seems we didn't explain it simple enough.

MVP is a pipeline sales tool. There are 3 databases in a users system. A leads, prospect and customer database. Within each are algorithms that rank them by who is the most valuable and when is the best time to contact them. It utilizes heavy AI and Machine learning. Essentially your pipeline moves with the every changing rate cycles and you no longer waste old quotes due to rate. When an old prospects company takes rate and now you are competitive the prospect ranks higher alerting you to call.

----------

Only he can verify, but I didn't read it as doing it on a mass scale. I read it as working exactly like a carrier's system would, one prospect at a time, disclosure and all. "Lists" as used on his site doesn't seem to mean an uploaded marketing list, rather any subcategory of prospects in a pipeline (like people I quoted in March, people who went with carrier X instead, people with too many accidents, etc.) It attempts to consider all these potential factors and make them into an ordered "list" of people most likely to buy now.

----------

To be more succinct, it sounds like the help it gives with new prospects is the ability to auto-populate those fields when you're talking to someone (like a carrier). All the other strengths are geared toward prioritizing follow-up, not telling you who to cold call.

It's very legal and I've already gone through the approval process with Texas. We "discover Drivers" when the agent is quoting an individual. We don't apply to multiple households or lists. I'm helping insurance agents and companies verify Drivers in a household to properly rate the risk. The benefit to the Agent is a system that's integrated vs paying for a 3rd party system like we do in Texas. Look up real-Comp.com, I'm unfortunately for them getting rid of 3rd party tools like them. Also lean holders auto populate on auto. Stream lining everything is key. Also not having to ask a prospect things like DOB or Driverslicense makes it easier. My system focuses on helping Agents sell more in the most efficient way possible. It won't be for the small agent who doesn't want to grow or that quotes 2 policies a week.

So far that I know if I'm the first person to ever text a quote to someone. An actual web link with an interactive page showing a side by side insurance
Comparison. Also giving the agent analytics on the actions of the prospect. Like if they viewed the quote.

Along with that we integrated SMS chat.

Lot of other amazing things like marketing analytics that are automatically reported to you. Finally get real ROI reports

Oh and all this information is derived by only using the information needed to provide a home and auto quote for a prospect.

Pricing is not set yet for standard market. Will be in line with Competitors like Velocify.

Last edited:
Back