Doing Medicaid Spend Down?

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just wondering how many of you are doing Medicaid spend downs and if you are advertising this or just have an in with the SSA office or other Managers of low income properties, etc? I do probably 15 a year but was wondering about ads, etc. Also, if you are in a Medicaid expansion State with Obamacare are you writing these on people under 65?

I average about one per week. All referrals.
Most of the time, a single dental plan does the trick.
Or, two dental plans if need be.
I really don't like working with these types of people.
More trouble then they are worth.
No way would I advertise.

I'm just the opposite. If I could write these all day long I would. Hospital Indemnity with no UW with a dental/vision rider all day long. Easiest sell you will ever do.

United National Life which is also located in Glenview, IL like GTL has a Hospital Indemnity Plan that doesn't have health questions. There is still a waiting period but most people I write are going on it to become eligible for Medicaid so not a huge issue for waiting period because Medicaid will cover hospital stay anyway.

Some fokes qualify for full Medi-cal. Others, because of income, qualify for "Share of cost". This is what they pay out of pocket each month before Medi-cal pays. I had a man in last week. His share of cost was going up to $400/month. By selling him an " insurance product", (dental plan $78/month), that let him retain full Medi-cal. We are legally "playing the game" to benefit the Medi-cal beneficiary.

Back