Doing my Own Telemarketing from Some Terrible Leads

DonWhite

I'm a newbie. I just started working for a brokerage firm. There leads are a year old or greater. The verbatim scripts really need tweaking. I do not get paid for the telemarketing I do twice a week. I only get about 4 appointments per week. I go out with my manager on the leads I telemarket. If we make a sale my manager gets paid and he pays me a small percentage of what he made. In over three weeks I have only made about 250.00. HELP! Are all companys like this? Any advise? Could these leads be rigged towards the senior agents who know the ropes?

What are you selling? That might help clarify things a little better, so we can point you in the right direction.

I'm a newbie. I just started working for a brokerage firm. There leads are a year old or greater. The verbatim scripts really need tweaking. I do not get paid for the telemarketing I do twice a week. I only get about 4 appointments per week. I go out with my manager on the leads I telemarket. If we make a sale my manager gets paid and he pays me a small percentage of what he made. In over three weeks I have only made about 250.00. HELP! Are all companys like this? Any advise? Could these leads be rigged towards the senior agents who know the ropes?

Over a 3 week period you booked roughly 10-12 appointments (we don't know what products were sold and your cut) and made $250? Let's assume they're all med supps T65 plan HDF and 10 were sold. 10 x $50 = $500 and your cut is 50% so that $250 is justified. In our "world" we're not paid for our time, we're paid after we submit an app.

Over a 3 week period you booked roughly 10-12 appointments (we don't know what products were sold and your cut) and made $250? Let's assume they're all med supps T65 plan HDF and 10 were sold. 10 x $50 = $500 and your cut is 50% so that $250 is justified. In our "world" we're not paid for our time, we're paid after we submit an app.

That's a lot of assumption. If someone went on 12 appointments and sold 10 HDF then something is seriously wrong and both the agent and the teli will starve

----------

A lot more info is needed what is the product if med supp you should do more then 4 appointments a week, If your trying to learn to sell med supp check out Chris Westfalls site medicareagent training.com

Maybe it would be more cost effective to spend some money and go on your own

Whoever you are working for should have taught you better by now or maybe as you say he might just be using you to try and get something out of old leads that he himself could not work

First off, if YOU are the one setting the appts, all the hard work is cut out and your manager to go sell it, and therefore you should be getting much more than half of the commission. If your manager set the appt and is taking you along for the learning experience, THEN it'd make sense for you to only get a small cut of the sale.

It's called "training". Reminds me of the beginner agent who paid his manager $10 for a vial of rabbit poop labelled "smart pills". He took the first one and said "hey, this tastes like rabbit poop". The manager said "see? You're getting smart already!"

That's a pretty crappy example.

I never could understand how these threads work, I mean the OP asks for advise and gets told a little more info needed right away and 3 days later no response from the OP.

This just seems to be the most common way these threads work,I would think one would want to be more involved if they wanted help

I never could understand how these threads work, I mean the OP asks for advise and gets told a little more info needed right away and 3 days later no response from the OP.

This just seems to be the most common way these threads work,I would think one would want to be more involved if they wanted help

He might already be out of he business.

This is exactly what I spoke about in another thread. I bet 80% + people do absolutely nothing with any information received here. Then they blame the industry for their lack of success.

It's a fact. Most people are all talk and no action.

Back