Doing presentations for Medicare.

obewan

Expert
Going to try doing presentations for Medicare. Educational and sales. Since I'm starting I have no equipment so my question is what type of projector do I get. There are so many that vary in price and bells and whistles. I just need a basic projector. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I can't comment on equipment needed-I'm one of those that has to wait while technical problems are solved.

But the environmental assumption above will not hold true for all locations. I don't think one can assume TV availability in all places like library meeting rooms or church meeting rooms or community organization meeting houses where one might be able to set up an educational event.

I think he wants to know what sort of projector he should purchase for projecting on a wall or screen in those types of situations.

Last edited:
You could project on a wall if that is available without any art work etc. You can also rent equipment,I believe.

Do you have public speaking experience? Where will you hold these meetings? How will you generate interest in attending? Do you have a script? What is your USP that will cause people to want to attend?

You don't have to have a projector nor power point presentation. I have done them with a handout that they can follow along with, for both educational and sales/mktg. I know some agents that have a 1 page handout, some that claim they give out nothing and just get up and talk.
The tricky part is getting folks engaged and responsive to your message, by projecting expertise in the subject matter, and having them trust you. I would make sure you weave some humor into the presentation....this chit is as dry as petrified dinosaur turds

I'm going to start seminars for T65 after AEP. I'll use a couple of public libraries. If you are educational only the room should be free. And holding it in a library means you don't need to provide food and there is a good bit of credibility using a government building. People could think you're not an ***.

Rick

Do you have public speaking experience? Where will you hold these meetings? How will you generate interest in attending? Do you have a script? What is your USP that will cause people to want to attend?
Everything is pretty much set up, it's also good with CMS. I just needed advice on a projector.

I can't comment on equipment needed-I'm one of those that has to wait while technical problems are solved.

But the environmental assumption above will not hold true for all locations. I don't think one can assume TV availability in all places like library meeting rooms or church meeting rooms or community organization meeting houses where one might be able to set up an educational event.

I think he wants to know what sort of projector he should purchase for projecting on a wall or screen in those types of situations.
You're right that's all I wanted. I've got everything pretty well set. I've got a month before my presentation. I was just hoping for advice on a projector.

You're right that's all I wanted. I've got everything pretty well set. I've got a month before my presentation. I was just hoping for advice on a projector.

Just go to Office Depot. They can show you exactly what you are looking for. Just something like this. Viewsonic PA503S 3D Ready DLP Projector by Office Depot & OfficeMax

I’ve done a lot of those educational seminars. You can make them educational and somewhat interesting using PowerPoint. The key is to NOT have a bunch of words on a screen. Have pictures and few words and YOU talking and looking at your audience not the screen.

Engage them. Ask them questions each time you teach them a point. For instance right after I would spend 5-minutes teaching them in detail how Medicare’s fee for service network works and how Supplements fit into that, throw a question at them. Stop talking. Make them think and respond and test if they understood what you just taught them.

So just have a picture of a senior scratching their head looking confused. Tell them: Mr. and Mrs Smith currently have a Medigap Plan G policy from a well known insurer. But they have found out another insurance company has a Plan G that is priced $50 less. What steps to they need to take to make certain the new Plan G would be accepted by their favorite doctors?

Making points like that sinks the knowledge in much better and is less boring than a guy just talking for an hour.

Back