Don’t Lower Your Commissions for Leads

Re: Don’t Lower Your Commissions for Leads.

How good they are is definitely subject to opinion LOL

I do not agree with much of their model but it works for those who don't mind it.

There is a fear involved in many leaving to do something on their own, there can also be an "ignorant" factor that keeps people on board, if they don't know they don't have the best deal, they're cool where they are.

Also I'd say my model is the exception to the rule.

:yes:

Robliano,

HSA for America sounds like they have a good program.

Most of what is posted in the forum should be qualified. What I mean by that, is there are few absolutes. Just because I didn't qualify to your satisfaction, didn't mean that in general the statement was not accurate.

Thanks for the info on HSA for America. If I were a betting man, I'd say that they are an exception to a general rule. Would you agree?

----------------

EDIT - Nevermind about the comment, "HSA for America sounds like they have a good program." Just looked it up on the forum...looks like it is not well-liked.

But, I do like the idea that IF you are going to set things up to pay someone for you leads at a lower commission, if you do generate your own business, you get higher commission.

Re: Don’t Lower Your Commissions for Leads

Lead programs can be great for a new agent that just wants to build his/her book of business. It's sure better then being like Ned Ryerson. Friends/family stop inviting you to places because you're "That guy"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Free leads" does not and never will work. Two reasons:

1) No skin in the game. Agents receiving free leads will never work them as hard. All they'll be looking for is the next batch.

2) There are two kinds of successful agents. One has the self-employment mentality. The other has a corporate mentality. The corporate mentality agent (90% of all agents) want to go to work in a physical location, typically with a base pay. The self-employed agent wants max comp and is highly driven. They don't take half commission deals.

And I'm sorry to stereotype but agents taking half comp/free leads do so because they're broke. Stereotyping again, there's a reason these people are broke....and GAs often find out that reason quickly.

So GAs can advertise on Craiglist forever with 50% comp and free leads - but you're looking for diamonds in a dumpster.
couldn't agree with you more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back