Don’t Start Off with a Predictive Dialer Until You Have Mastered Cold Calling.

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I see a lot of agents that are using predictive dialers too soon. Then they fail and give up.

I’m teaching my teenager how to drive and I would not start off teaching her how to drive at a higher speed until she has mastered a lower speed. I’m not going to start her off getting onto the interstate until she has learned to drive on some back roads.

Cold calling is not easy and takes time to master and learn how to do it. I suggest you start off at a slow pace without using a dialer. Once you have learned what to say and do then you can increase your speed with a dialer. But don’t start off with a dialer.

When cold calling I use a short simple script. “ Hi, I’m Mark Rosenthal with United Home Life and I’m just calling to see if you have any questions about Final Expense " .

I know it's a telemarketer calling because of that 2-3 second delay. I hang up before they even get a chance to say anything.

----------

When cold calling I use a short simple script. “ Hi, I’m Mark Rosenthal with United Home Life and I’m just calling to see if you have any questions about Final Expense " .

"About what?" "Final Expense." "No we don't need no final expense!" click.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying and Frank would have agreed with you, but I think a lot of folks do fine starting off with a dialer. The only thing it's really going to do is make you more efficient. There are a lot of cell phone apps (both android and iPhone) that will get you moving along a little faster as well. Five9 is certainly overkill, but even something like the dolphin dialer or the apps on the market can be a cheap way to be more efficient.

so mark if you were using a sales dialer which would you choose between dolphin dialer and salesdialer.com?
I haven't tried Salesdialer. I was thinking about trying that new autodialer GreenSky is offering, but since a lot of states have wording in their ordinance, that prohibits any "autodialer" mechanism, I have shied away from predictable (multi-line) dialers.

Dolphin Dialer supposedly says there no delay, but I do get still get a number of ghost calls, (call connects but no one there) So who knows what's really happening with those calls?

Single line dialings is still more efficient than dialing by hand, so I'm sticking with Dolphin for now.

I would recommend Salesdialer over any other one.

What other ones have you personally used since you recommend them over any others?

We used salesdialers for about a year before they turned to crap. Slowed down, crashed, etc. Apparently they were purging their system and that was causing bandwidth problems. Of course, they wouldn't admit it nor do it at night when nobody needed to call.

We've gone with another dialer which has been much more reliable. I have heard that lately salesdialers has "behaved."

Rick

Back