Don't want to hijack F2F VS Phone

justsayinisall

Super Genius
I don't want to hijack the thread F2F vs Phone thread so I'm posting here. I hope someone can help me.

How in the heck can I sell advantage plans over the phone? I took two calls today from people who want an advantage plan and I don't want to turn them away but I just don't know how to do it compliantly.

Thank you in advance.

If you cant do it over then try under the phone

You cant solicit just cold call and bring it up, But if someone calls you and asks you then you are not soliciting, However make sure you get scope

My appointments originate from a cold call- my telemarketer calls T65, if they show interest or want to talk she schedules me to call them back within a day or two.

I called them back today and I educate and give them prices on supplement plans and both of them said that they want the plans that are free. The one even said that he can't afford supplement he wants an advantage plan.

Following rules? Skating on thin ice?

I don't want to hijack the thread F2F vs Phone thread so I'm posting here. I hope someone can help me.

How in the heck can I sell advantage plans over the phone? I took two calls today from people who want an advantage plan and I don't want to turn them away but I just don't know how to do it compliantly.

Thank you in advance.

Depends on carrier. You send out a piece of mail and they call you or return BRC... talking on the phone, they want MAPD, not Medigap.

No big deal. You can capture scope in a few different ways: Ritter's medicareful, or e-mail it and have them sign, or mail it.

As far as writing the deal - it'll depend on carrier. Few examples (I'm in OH):
  • Anthem - I mail them the kit and and have them mail it back signed - and I get most back. You can also send via e-mail and fax if client has printer & scanner (I prefer to only do this if they know how to encrypt a .pdf or if they have fax).

• MedMutual has a PURL - i.e. an agent-linked URL to send to client - they fill out app completely on their CPU.

• UHC has a site - not linked directly to you - but the prospect enters your writing number on the site and you are the AOR (very easy)

• Humana has an e-app - send them everything via e-mail (Summary of Benefits, etc.), get scope, then write the e-app - they get an e-mail to e-sign

• Aetna - same as Anthem - I mail/fax the kit/app and have them return it via mail/fax (each app has unique code - so you need the physical enrollment kit as each is unique).
On all apps - just make sure you give them Summary of Benefits, language insert, star rating page, get the scope, look up docs and Rx's, go over Summary of Benefits - and you're good to go and compliant.

And for the record - if anything I said above is not compliant :huh: - then this is all just a suggestion on an anonymous forum - not something I've done :unsure:

My appointments originate from a cold call- my telemarketer calls T65, if they show interest or want to talk she schedules me to call them back within a day or two.

I called them back today and I educate and give them prices on supplement plans and both of them said that they want the plans that are free. The one even said that he can't afford supplement he wants an advantage plan.

Following rules? Skating on thin ice?

Each SOA has "Initial Method of Contact." Based on ^ your entry would be "cold call."

You need to be able to write "direct mail" or "inbound referral" or "walk in" or something showing that your compliant marketing led to the sale.

Depends on carrier. You send out a piece of mail and they call you or return BRC... talking on the phone, they want MAPD, not Medigap.

No big deal. You can capture scope in a few different ways: Ritter's medicareful, or e-mail it and have them sign, or mail it.

As far as writing the deal - it'll depend on carrier. Few examples (I'm in OH):
  • Anthem - I mail them the kit and and have them mail it back signed - and I get most back. You can also send via e-mail and fax if client has printer & scanner (I prefer to only do this if they know how to encrypt a .pdf or if they have fax).

• MedMutual has a PURL - i.e. an agent-linked URL to send to client - they fill out app completely on their CPU.

• UHC has a site - not linked directly to you - but the prospect enters your writing number on the site and you are the AOR (very easy)

• Humana has an e-app - send them everything via e-mail (Summary of Benefits, etc.), get scope, then write the e-app - they get an e-mail to e-sign

• Aetna - same as Anthem - I mail/fax the kit/app and have them return it via mail/fax (each app has unique code - so you need the physical enrollment kit as each is unique).
On all apps - just make sure you give them Summary of Benefits, language insert, star rating page, get the scope, look up docs and Rx's, go over Summary of Benefits - and you're good to go and compliant.

And for the record - if anything I said above is not compliant :huh: - then this is all just a suggestion on an anonymous forum - not something I've done :unsure:

^ in all seriousness if anyone sees anything wrong with the above let us all know ^

can't afford supplement he wants an advantage plan.

Your list does not include incomes if you are talking to folks who can't afford a supplement. I usually ask what kind of medical bills they have had the last couple of years. If it is more than a couple of thousand, and often it is, I tell them if they can pay $1500 or less for premiums they will often pay less than $200 OOP for medical bills.

You would be surprised how many sick people are out there thinking an MA plan is their ticket to savings.

You don't have to max out your plan @ $6700 OOP to save $$ with a supplement plan. But if you are paying $2000 to $3000 for medical care you would probably be better off with a Medigap . . . if you can qualify medically.

I used to talk to a couple of dozen folks during the year that insisted on an MA plan. I passed them along to an agent who handles them for me.

Now I can't recall the last time someone asked for an MA plan.

I used to talk to a couple of dozen folks during the year that insisted on an MA plan. I passed them along to an agent who handles them for me.

Now I can't recall the last time someone asked for an MA plan.

And I can't remember the last time you passed anyone along.

Back