Don't want to hijack F2F VS Phone

And it keeps getting better. Just got an e-mail that we'll be able to have a PURL and client-facing e-app.

Haven't done the training yet, but if it's anything like Medical Mutual's, it'll be really nice to use.

Seems like carriers, in general, are beginning to make even MAPD easier to sell without having to meet with prospects face to face.

Why would you need soa in any if these sales when none resulted in a face to face meeting?
Depends on carrier. You send out a piece of mail and they call you or return BRC... talking on the phone, they want MAPD, not Medigap.

No big deal. You can capture scope in a few different ways: Ritter's medicareful, or e-mail it and have them sign, or mail it.

As far as writing the deal - it'll depend on carrier. Few examples (I'm in OH):
  • Anthem - I mail them the kit and and have them mail it back signed - and I get most back. You can also send via e-mail and fax if client has printer & scanner (I prefer to only do this if they know how to encrypt a .pdf or if they have fax).

• MedMutual has a PURL - i.e. an agent-linked URL to send to client - they fill out app completely on their CPU.

• UHC has a site - not linked directly to you - but the prospect enters your writing number on the site and you are the AOR (very easy)

• Humana has an e-app - send them everything via e-mail (Summary of Benefits, etc.), get scope, then write the e-app - they get an e-mail to e-sign

• Aetna - same as Anthem - I mail/fax the kit/app and have them return it via mail/fax (each app has unique code - so you need the physical enrollment kit as each is unique).
On all apps - just make sure you give them Summary of Benefits, language insert, star rating page, get the scope, look up docs and Rx's, go over Summary of Benefits - and you're good to go and compliant.

And for the record - if anything I said above is not compliant :huh: - then this is all just a suggestion on an anonymous forum - not something I've done :unsure:

Why would you need soa in any if these sales when none resulted in a face to face meeting?
In 2016 CMS added one word to the SOA requirements in the Medicare Marketing Guidelines: “telephonic.” Since then even telephone conversations that include plan details about MA and PDP require a scope, even if there is no F2F meeting. I have assumed that’s what spawned the electronic scopes FMO have been offering the last two years.

From the MMG released 6/2016:
“All Plans/Part D Sponsors conducting one-on-one appointments with beneficiaries, regardless of the venue (e.g., in home, telephonic, or library), must follow the scope of appointment guidance.”

In the MMG “telephonic” is in red, indicating an update since previous publication.

Last edited:
And it keeps getting better. Just got an e-mail that we'll be able to have a PURL and client-facing e-app.

Haven't done the training yet, but if it's anything like Medical Mutual's, it'll be really nice to use.

Seems like carriers, in general, are beginning to make even MAPD easier to sell without having to meet with prospects face to face.

The above post was re: Humana's new PURL.

Very easy. They add a step, the client "must send you an e-mail requesting the enrollment link."

I did my 1st one last week... I sent him an email with the url to the e-soa, he filled it out, I went over summary of benefits, then I told him to reply asking for the link, which he did, then I e-mailed the purl link and he enrolled himself online.

Very simple. Client facing apps are nice...

I don't want to hijack the thread F2F vs Phone thread so I'm posting here. I hope someone can help me.

How in the heck can I sell advantage plans over the phone? I took two calls today from people who want an advantage plan and I don't want to turn them away but I just don't know how to do it compliantly.

Thank you in advance.

We have a platform "Medicare Center" that enables us to sell Aetna, UHC, Humana, Anthem over the phone. We have a simple email SOA that requires one or two boxes be clicked by the Medicare beneficiary and they are done. We can sell any of the four above mentioned products with that one SOA.

This is a free software and takes about 15 minutes to figure out how to use it.

As for where this lead came from. "Client requested appointment" You had an appointment over the phone regarding med sup. You're client, at some point in this conversation, requested an over the phone meeting regarding Medicare Advantage.

It's amazing how easy they have made this process.

Back