Don't Work With Pinney Insurance

This Bullshite is infuriating! I have spoken to Ryan Pinney about using some of their technology in past. Now, no way would I ever work with them. Reading this thread with rapt attention. I'm wishing you all the luck you deserve on this case JR. Please keep us informed.

Still no contact from Pinney Insurance or even LifeMark.

I found out this thread made it's way on an email chain within LifeMark member firms already - I'm glad that their own peers, whom they see once every year, know what they're doing.

I left a Facebook review on Pinney's FB page and they deleted all their reviews since 2013 within 10 minutes of posting it. You can't remove reviews on FB, you can only remove the ability to leave and see reviews.

They can sweep under the rug all they want. I'm just getting started. There is no room in this industry for a BGA to do this to any agent. I thought by now, they'd come to their senses and do the ethical thing.

Now it's time to reach out to the execs at MDRT, their local NAIFA and their "Elite" Partners (other agencies receiving bonus above street level). I'll update again in a few weeks. This should get interesting.

Update. No one from Pinney Insurance has reached out and I haven’t been paid.

No one from Lifemark has reached back out as well - I guess they're ok with their member firms treating agents this way.

I've reached out to MDRT. MDRT is going through it’s process for reported member misconduct for Ryan Pinney. MDRT is aware of everything going on (per the Member Services Director of MDRT). We’ll see how they respond. It’s likely Ryan Pinney will throw some more shade to weasel his way out. I wouldn’t put it passed him seeing how on the California NAIFA main stage, Ryan Pinney was a speaker and claimed that Pinney placed 39,000 policies last year in front of the entire audience. That’s an incredibly exaggerated number. He has absolutely no shame.

Other updates: My article now ranks on the first page of Google for “Pinney Insurance”. So does my Yelp review. Goal is to get it to #2 or #3 right behind Pinney so every agent knows what kind of organization they are when they search them in Google.

I’ll do the same review article for their Insureo CRM product as we’ve heard that Pinney is going to force all of their free EZlife users to pay for Insureo if they want to use the EZlife platform later this year. They’re also pushing a $2500 live training which should be free.

The gist of this CRM review is just basic logic many agents overlook... Agents should always use a 3rd party CRM that is actually in the CRM business (and does nothing else) where their sole job is to support and improve the product and NEVER use a CRM connected to a BGA (conflict of interest).

I’ll update again soon with a link to the Insureo review article, an update on how MDRT responded (if they did) and other updates.

There are a whole host of complaint websites (parasites) out there, starting with ripoffreport.com, BBB etc. for getting the word out there and warning others (while mucking up their online reputation).
Any chance this is going to court? Report this to the doi or state attorney general's office?

There are a whole host of complaint websites (parasites) out there, starting with ripoffreport.com, BBB etc. for getting the word out there and warning others (while mucking up their online reputation).
Any chance this is going to court? Report this to the doi or state attorney general's office?

I did BBB, but they denied my complaint because it's a form of a wage dispute. They only deal with consumers.

I explored the legal route and it's not worth my time or money. No one in Placer County (which the contract states is a requirement) would take it on a contingency fee basis so I have to pay an attorney a $15k retainer and possibly more to potentially collect $40k? It's better invested in my business.

Plus even if I did win, I don't think Pinney will be able to actually pay this in 2 years (CA courts take forever). They are searching for more revenue sources: $2500 training program, charging for EZLife, charging for a CRM etc. Again, Pinney’s tragic flaw is believing they are more than a business processing center and getting away from their core business.

Good idea on the DOI complaint. I'll look into it.

What brokerages would you recommend for an agent that does not do much traditional life business but would like access to those companies as needed.

Back