Don't Work With Pinney Insurance

AIG pays 80% on GI. It's competitive with Gerber and sometimes beats it.:yes:

Hmmmm...my BGA offers AIG but when I inquired about GI many months ago, they did not mention AIG, rather another co. whose name I cannot remember. And said that particular company paid 40%, and told me to go with Gerber. Maybe they don't offer GI under AIG?

NYL offer GI via their branding with AARP and pays a hefty 25%. I have a pal who sells it as a tool to get other business ie: roll overs etc.

Thanks, Mr. Monkey for the tip :biggrin:

Hmmmm...my BGA offers AIG but when I inquired about GI many months ago, they did not mention AIG, rather another co. whose name I cannot remember. And said that particular company paid 40%, and told me to go with Gerber. Maybe they don't offer GI under AIG?

NYL offer GI via their branding with AARP and pays a hefty 25%. I have a pal who sells it as a tool to get other business ie: roll overs etc.

You're welcome SuperWoman. :)

Different contract. They were a little (lot) slow to contract during roll out.

I think there can also be some value to using IMO's , etc. Some offer good incentives for placing business... some offer training...some offer marketing support, etc. Some even offer higher commissions than you can get going direct.
As mentioned before, with some carriers you have no option to go direct...so finding a good IMO/ FMO / BGA to work with is important.

I will say, the fastest and easiest business that I place is with the companies I have direct contracts with.

I think there can also be some value to using IMO's , etc. Some offer good incentives for placing business... some offer training...some offer marketing support, etc. Some even offer higher commissions than you can get going direct.
As mentioned before, with some carriers you have no option to go direct...so finding a good IMO/ FMO / BGA to work with is important.

I will say, the fastest and easiest business that I place is with the companies I have direct contracts with.

Even with that, nothing ever stops you from sending business straight to the carrier. That's what I do if there's no paramed.

I had planned on a teaching career in academia. In (non-Ivy League) college I found that I had (developed) good writing and speaking skills which reinforced my career choice. But that would have required more (expensive) years in school. I was recruited to the financial sector where I could put some of these skills to use. Pedantic writing is valued in my line of work and in my social ecosystem. Even if you are a total dumb-a$$ (many here and elsewhere consider me in that demographic and there is often rationale to do so) if you can look 'smart' on paper and sound smart standing in a board room giving a presentation, you will be perceived as being smart... and that's a good thing when dealing with Ivy League grads... who really are smart and not faking it!!!

:yes: :laugh:

That word has only been used by two people on the entire history of this forum? I thought it is a rather common word. I hear it all the time from my lawyer wife. I take it that this other person is or was a persona non grata here. (I hope he or she hasn't used that phrase too!)

Given some of the really mean-spirited posts I've seen in the FE section as well as the non-ins. section, I think one would have to be total s--tbird (a military term of derision) to get thrown out of this chat board. I hope using the word "dialectic" is not grounds for that!!

Bloviate much.....??? :skeptical:

I am so sorry to hear you had that awful experience! I have had farmers insurance for many years now and I have no complaints. I am happy with my contract and payment plan. I am sure there is a branch near you! Let me know if you need any additional help!

Quick update: It's been a little over 5 weeks since I've learned Pinney was breaching their contract and not paying me the overrides due to me - I still haven't been paid and no one from Pinney has reached out.

It's funny that it's this thread (not my SellTermLife article) that's making it's rounds to other big BGA's, vendors and insurance company executives that I've never spoken with before and they have reached out and offered their thoughts and encouragement.

Anyway, I appreciate all the support on here, email and DM. I'll continue to remind everyone not to do business with them until they do the right thing (if that ever happens).

I can see this as the beginning of the "Insurance Forum's Agent Union" where the motto is "Treat us right according to our contracts, or we'll smash and destroy your reputation online."

Y'all can begin by sending your union dues to me via Paypal. :)

Back