Door hangers & postcards for not sold direct mail leads

So what follow up are you guys doing for your not sold direct mail leads?

So not getting a direct mail lead on the phone or not getting them at the door is nothing new.....

I am new to the insurance industry but sales is sales and follow up should be the same. In my past sales job I would try calling at different times, drop a postcard after my 1st call, and then continue mailing a post card every 2 weeks for the first 6 weeks then once a month afterwards. Drive-by (door knocking) I would leave a door hanger after every visit (minimum 3 visits). It worked for me. I have been also told to use delivery notifications for no shows on appointments on these direct mail leads.... so that being said, would this follow-up plan work for this industry?

It's seems like some agents are trying to avoid letting these not sold leads know this is an insurance sales call, so what follow up works for you agents that fall into that category?

Would love to hear from guys that have actually tried door hangers, post cards, delivery notes, etc. for follow up on not sold direct mail leads and if it worked for them and if they had to tweak anything.

It seems to me that you are putting a lot of time and effort into people who have shown little or no interest in buying at this time.

He does not know if they have little or no interest in buying (or more specifically seeing the free information) as there has been no contact made with the leads yet.

Best bet is to call the lead between 8 pm and 9 pm. Most people are home then, unless working a 2nd shift job. Of course, some 70+ year old prospects may be in bed at that time.

So what follow up are you guys doing for your not sold direct mail leads?

So not getting a direct mail lead on the phone or not getting them at the door is nothing new.....

If they are not answering the phone, returning phone calls, answering the door, etc you haven't given them a reason to see you or talk to you.

Unless your door hangers, voice mails and post cards are more inspirational than your other approaches you are probably wasting your time and money.

I have used door hangers like SNLs when I knock a door and people aren't home (or don't answer)… They have a postage paid reply card attached.. I have never received one of the cards back but I haven't left enough to really measure their effectiveness... I have had people refer to it when I called a second time and it seemed to make them more receptive to my call..

I have used door hangers like SNLs when I knock a door and people aren't home (or don't answer)… They have a postage paid reply card attached.. I have never received one of the cards back but I haven't left enough to really measure their effectiveness... I have had people refer to it when I called a second time and it seemed to make them more receptive to my call..

You'd need to put out 1000 door hangers to get back 8-15 IF THESE DOORHANGERS WERE PUT ON DOOR KNOBS OF PEOPLE AGE 50-80 AND INCOMES OF $50K AND LESS.

You probably couldn't target quite that tightly putting out door hangers, even if in the right neighborhood. So you'd probably need to put out MORE than 1000 door hangers to even get back 8-15.

That's assuming the wording of your SNL door hanger is that of a FE DM piece. Can you post a pic of that door hanger up here? Front and back?

You'd need to put out 1000 door hangers to get back 8-15 IF THESE DOORHANGERS WERE PUT ON DOOR KNOBS OF PEOPLE AGE 50-80 AND INCOMES OF $50K AND LESS.

You probably couldn't target quite that tightly putting out door hangers, even if in the right neighborhood. So you'd probably need to put out than 1000 door hangers to even get back 8-15.

That's assuming the wording of your SNL door hanger is that of a FE DM piece. Can you post a pic of that door hanger up here? Front and back?
I don't consider it as any more than leaving a business card on the door to let people know I have been there. If they were to happen to mail the card back, so much the better.. I certainly wouldn't consider spending the time to put them out 1000 at a time.

Back