Door knocking ALL your leads vs just ones you couldn’t set

Nicolacrayola

Expert
Hey guys-brand new agent. How the I give myself the BEST chance of getting in the home? I’m not totally confident on my phone abilities to set appointments, and have found as many others have that people are much nicer face to face at the door through knocking my upline’s 4-5 month old hand me down leads while waiting on my delayed first order of fresh FB leads. These are the same old ones I called for phone practice and the sit rate depends on city but is usually much better than calling. I’ve sat with several that cussed me out on the phone and didn’t realize it was the same person when I knocked them weeks later lol. I’m tempted to knock them fresh (day or so after receiving them) without calling first and giving them a chance to stay no (and therefore force me to wait a couple weeks for them to forget), but if the ratio will be the same whether they’re a day old or two weeks I might as well try the phone first to develop my phone skills. What do you guys think is likely to result in more sales? My upline generously lent me the money for my first 30 but I gotta make the most of em to pay him back and fund the next leads :)

If they are hand-me-down leads, I would door knock only. Appointments are nice, but when you are first in the business, you have to get face to face with as many of these people as possible. Even the best appointment setters on here door knock.

If you want to get some practice in, I would find some year old + leads and go through them. Your IMO may have some super old ones you can use. You will certainly get beat up, but this is the perfect way to practice calling and overcoming objections. If you find you can set a decent amount from those leads, then you know you are probably ready to start calling.

Even the people that tell you to kick rocks on the phone should still be knocked as well. You would be shocked how many of these people are completely different in person.

Best of luck to you buddy! I hope this works out for you!

Hey guys-brand new agent. How the I give myself the BEST chance of getting in the home? I’m not totally confident on my phone abilities to set appointments, and have found as many others have that people are much nicer face to face at the door through knocking my upline’s 4-5 month old hand me down leads while waiting on my delayed first order of fresh FB leads. These are the same old ones I called for phone practice and the sit rate depends on city but is usually much better than calling. I’ve sat with several that cussed me out on the phone and didn’t realize it was the same person when I knocked them weeks later lol. I’m tempted to knock them fresh (day or so after receiving them) without calling first and giving them a chance to stay no (and therefore force me to wait a couple weeks for them to forget), but if the ratio will be the same whether they’re a day old or two weeks I might as well try the phone first to develop my phone skills. What do you guys think is likely to result in more sales? My upline generously lent me the money for my first 30 but I gotta make the most of em to pay him back and fund the next leads :)
I'm a door knocker. I recommend you call the one's that aren't on the DNC list(85% are on it), then doorknock the rest.

Like you've already found out, they won't remember that they cussed you out or said no on the phone. Knock the ones that you couldn't set an appointment on the phone. They get so many calls that they won't remember that you called them.

Trying to set the appointment on the phone can be more efficient time wise, but as you've noticed, people are friendlier face to face and it's too easy for them to hang up the phone on you.

Door knocking also teaches you to "think on your feet". Sounds like you're going in the right direction. :yes:

What do you guys think of strictly door knocking FB leads vs DM leads vs a targeted list?

I am new and have only door knocked most of a batch of FB leads. FB leads were good but very spread apart with several incorrect or incomplete addresses which would require calling.

I have been purchasing FB leads and door knock every one. Most people in my area just won't answer the phone so I am out on Tuesday and Thursday in the field rain or shine. Some weeks Wednesdsy too.

It has been an extremely hot and humid summer here, but I have continued to work. Knocked a door a few days ago and the thermometer on the side of the house said 103.

I have been purchasing FB leads and door knock every one. Most people in my area just won't answer the phone so I am out on Tuesday and Thursday in the field rain or shine. Some weeks Wednesdsy too.

It has been an extremely hot and humid summer here, but I have continued to work. Knocked a door a few days ago and the thermometer on the side of the house said 103.

How many leads do you take a week and are they mostly city or rural?

I buy 20 leads, but not every week. Might take me 2 weeks before I have seen most of them, plus I am not sure the vendor could generate 20 leads a week here. I work to my east and to my west. Most of the ones I received the last few orders have been from one larger city. I drive an hour to get there around 10am then knock all day until 6pm and drive home. About 200 miles total.

Back