Door Knocking Call-in or Internet Leads

Jul 30, 2019

1. theleadingagent

theleadingagent Expert

State:
    Tennessee
    This might be a ridiculous question but what do you do with the call-in or internet leads that you can’t reach by phone?

I assume if you knock on their door and the lead card has nothing unique to them (their handwriting, their favorite hobby, etc) then they might not remember or believe they requested the info.

2. DayTimer

DayTimer Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Make them believe ... the key, imo, is to act like it is perfectly normal that you have shown up at their door and that it is expected that they will invite you in to go over the information with them. You must adopt the attitude of the Door Knocker.

DayTimer, Jul 30, 2019
  3. BibH

BibH Guru

State:
    Georgia
    I door knock 80% of my leads now . Many net leads will say “ why did you come to the house I wanted the info by phone “ and I respond “ ma’am I tried calling you 5 times and as you know nobody answers the phone . If you don’t door knock you’ll never see 50-60% of your leads . I’m sure on higher income med sup leads it won’t work as well . Burn out is very real in this business and you must pace yourself and take breaks .

BibH, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    Sometimes even with info they don't believe or remember ;)

I'd totally door knock them if you're doing F2F sales

5. theleadingagent

theleadingagent Expert

State:
    Tennessee
    ^ I door knocked yesterday and an old guy answered. I showed him the lead card and he’s like “oh my wife must have done that and she didn’t tell me”

She was leaving work and I offered to leave and come back when she was there but he insisted on calling her to let her know I was there.

She was like “oh I never filled out any forms”

He said in a politely firm voice “YES YOU DID! I’m looking at the form and it has your handwriting”

I secretly wish I could say this when I call up prospects who “don’t remember”