Door Knocking Call-in or Internet Leads

This might be a ridiculous question but what do you do with the call-in or internet leads that you can’t reach by phone?

I assume if you knock on their door and the lead card has nothing unique to them (their handwriting, their favorite hobby, etc) then they might not remember or believe they requested the info.

I door knock 80% of my leads now . Many net leads will say “ why did you come to the house I wanted the info by phone “ and I respond “ ma’am I tried calling you 5 times and as you know nobody answers the phone . If you don’t door knock you’ll never see 50-60% of your leads . I’m sure on higher income med sup leads it won’t work as well . Burn out is very real in this business and you must pace yourself and take breaks .

^ I door knocked yesterday and an old guy answered. I showed him the lead card and he’s like “oh my wife must have done that and she didn’t tell me”

She was leaving work and I offered to leave and come back when she was there but he insisted on calling her to let her know I was there.

She was like “oh I never filled out any forms”

He said in a politely firm voice “YES YOU DID! I’m looking at the form and it has your handwriting”

I secretly wish I could say this when I call up prospects who “don’t remember”

I door knock 80% of my leads now . Many net leads will say “ why did you come to the house I wanted the info by phone “ and I respond “ ma’am I tried calling you 5 times and as you know nobody answers the phone . If you don’t door knock you’ll never see 50-60% of your leads . I’m sure on higher income med sup leads it won’t work as well . Burn out is very real in this business and you must pace yourself and take breaks .

I door knocked an Internet/phone in lead, didn’t answer, left a delivery notice, which he responded to and reluctantly set an appointment.

I had a hard time with him because he was ranting before he opened the door that I was trying to sell him something, he didn’t remember (aged lead) and since there was no handwriting or details only he would know he assumed I just randomly targeted him and was like “I didn’t place any inquiry, y’all called me!”

Needless to say, out of all the call in/internet leads I’ve door knocked he was the toughest and most defensive.

I ended up ending the presentation

Why not text first to confirm the visit? Even my 72 year old mother can respond to a text I send. Some even prefer that over face to face interaction!

Good point and yes....

Sometimes I do! Especially if they ask or if it’s Friday and the appointment was set for Monday. Or if they are dead set they don’t remember inquiring then I text them the lead card in addition to appointment date/time

I did text this guy before coming.

I just think he was just in a pissy mood and trying to get me to convince him.

I don’t get into power plays (ex. “Convince me to buy” power play) with prospects because it’s a waste of my time and I’m not a fan of hard sales.

But I have done like suggested above and treat the call in/Internet leads like the handwritten when I show them to prospects to get them discussing the inquiry and their need

Last edited:
since there was no handwriting or details only he would know

I wouldn’t buy a lead if part of the lead gen process didn’t include setting a memory jog, e.g. favorite color, hobby, etc.

I am at a loss as to why none of the DM mailers have a line for such a “security” question.

Think about that… One of the biggest objections we get either on the phone trying to set the appointment or at the door trying to set the appointment is “I don’t remember doing this, that’s not my handwriting.”

But if we could also show them that “you said your favorite hobby was belly dancing, is that right? Great! Where can we sit down real quick?”

I wouldn’t buy a lead if part of the lead gen process didn’t include setting a memory jog, e.g. favorite color, hobby, etc.

I am at a loss as to why none of the DM mailers have a line for such a “security” question.

Back