Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

I thought this was totally against the rules.
Are these agents allowed to cold door knock a T65 List and bring up Medicare?

My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

Definitely not Medicare Advantage or Part D plans.

As long as they are talking about Medicare Supplement

10 guys? How big of a city do they live in? Just like others said, you can door knock for med sups not med advantage.
I was light on leads this past 10 days, so I printed a t65 list from salesdatapro and door knocked them in Little Rock and surrounding... they were surprised, I don't think anybody else had been there. picked up 4 sales... 3 med sup 1 life.

Med Supps do not fall under CMS rules in regards to marketing Medicare Health Plans. Which is reason 2 why I don't sell Advantage.

Last edited:
10 guys? How big of a city do they live in? Just like others said, you can door knock for med sups not med advantage.
I was light on leads this past 10 days, so I printed a t65 list from salesdatapro and door knocked them in Little Rock and surrounding... they were surprised, I don't think anybody else had been there. picked up 4 sales... 3 med sup 1 life.

Great job on your sales.... That's a pretty healthy 10 days.

I've done this for years. They rarely get door knocked and it gives me an advantage over junk mail. Good job. :yes:

(Not an agent.)

There are a number of threads in the Senior forum about educational events-seminars.

My guess would be that if the dinner presentation is carefully structured to meet CMS requirements for educational events, someone could door knock-as an equivalent to posting flyers-to promote the event.

The prospecting tool I have been more exposed to is a seminar about Social Security benefits, where Medicare issues are just mentioned briefly in passing and setting appointments with the presenter using the times stuck on a bulletin board at the back of the room approach. That leaves a situation in which the prospect asks for an appointment, knows the financial agent also has a Medicare rep in the office and the prospect will then ask for Medicare help if they want it. Better cross selling to the seminar attendees that way I think.

(Not an agent.)

There are a number of threads in the Senior forum about educational events-seminars.

My guess would be that if the dinner presentation is carefully structured to meet CMS requirements for educational events, someone could door knock-as an equivalent to posting flyers-to promote the event.

The prospecting tool I have been more exposed to is a seminar about Social Security benefits, where Medicare issues are just mentioned briefly in passing and setting appointments with the presenter using the times stuck on a bulletin board at the back of the room approach. That leaves a situation in which the prospect asks for an appointment, knows the financial agent also has a Medicare rep in the office and the prospect will then ask for Medicare help if they want it. Better cross selling to the seminar attendees that way I think.

Supplement-feel free to door knock all you want and even buy dinner.

MAPD/PDP-Nope. No door knocking. Seminar for educational event cannot include a meal, only light snacks (even lists what is acceptable in CMS guide).

Back