Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

CMS may have changed the rules a bit - but the Big 3 Carriers, still want the 2 day comeback / call on any compliant issues.

This may not be for all IMO's - but, at OLA, we teach the comeback later approach . . .
The 48 hour rule wasn’t in effect in 2018 and UHC doesn’t require it for the MA plans, I don’t write their PDP plan so not sure about that.

I'll say it again...why not just get it while you're there? :huh:

Within OLA - if the door knock got you in - then the PTC / SOA is best worked 48 hours later for a CMS regulated Part C or Part D..

CMS changed it up some - but, with the Big 3, we do it like above so there is absolutely no compliance issues.

Others may feel free to do it however they wish.

I'll say it again...why not just get it while you're there? :huh:

This conversation just now was with Brandon C, who runs OLA's medicare division:

Compliant Question: Hey B, when Door Knocking T65 for Med Sup. Client enrolls in Sup. Can you then on the spot enroll Client in Part D? 3:21 PM

Message by Brandon C:

PDP are governed by same rules as MAPD. Even though it is compliant to door knock Med Sup… You are not supposed to sell PDP in the same visit if door Knocking got you in. 3:26 PM

Message by You:

That's what I thought. Sell the Sup, get the PTC and SOA for the Part D and come back. Correct?, 3:27 PM

Message by Brandon C:

Correct. A sale for PDP from door Knocking would not be compliant. 3:31 PM

Message by You:

Right. Regardless of whether the client enrolled in a Med Sup. The "door knock" made the PDP sale non-compliant without the SOA and wait. Thanks B . . . 3:32 PM

Message by Brandon C:

Yes sir!, 3:33 PM

So - we at OLA do it a little different. Better safe than sorry . . .

Plus - you don't have to "go back" - just get the PTC / SOA while there and then enroll client into PDP over the phone / internet.

Back