Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

So, go back and ask Brandon how getting an SOA while you're there and then calling them is compliant? His "Better safe than sorry" doesn't make a lick of sense! If one is not compliant, then neither is his suggestion!

Either you know the rules and how to play them, or you don't. Seems he doesn't understand the rules 100% either.

Ha - I'm sure his knowledge of CMS is on point.

The items you mentioned above were my words - not his.

Best to be cautious and follow the rules.

Ha - I'm sure his knowledge of CMS is on point.

The items you mentioned above were my words - not his.

Best to be cautious and follow the rules.

Still, go back and ask him how his way is compliant and just getting the scope while you're there and writing it is not. I just want to hear the logic behind this.

Still, go back and ask him how his way is compliant and just getting the scope while you're there and writing it is not. I just want to hear the logic behind this.

Assuming the med sup sale was made from a door knock - a Part C or Part D sale on the same visit would be non-compliant based on how we do business. Get the SOA / PTC and enroll later.

Others may do it differently - but in this scenario, we teach 48 hours.

No chances.

Sell them a MS and then since they are now your client, you can go back in a few days and do their PDP
How about looking up their prescriptions on Medicare.gov and finding the least expensive plan based on their prescriptions first? After you find them the best plan tell them you’re not appointed with that company, but you want them to have the least expensive plan possible and have them enroll directly. Then, sell them a supplement. The chances that they buy will go up considerably, because you’ve proven to them that you have their best interests at heart.

Last edited:
A lot of towns are starting to require you to register and pay a daily fee to knock on doors. I have to pay a fee to knock in the town I live in. :mad:

You ought to find out from the state whether those laws apply to state licensed Insurance agents. I do not think there is an exemption in PA for real estate agents, but when I was doing real estate 20 years ago, I never had a problem - no one even complained. But I did keep a laminated copy of my state license with me, same as I do now. In my case, I also printed out that little bit of law I posted a few pages back and had it laminated as well. I have not had to use it, but if anyone ever objects to my knocking on the grounds that I do not have a peddler permit, I will simply whip out that copy of the law and say “I ain’t no peddler ... I am An Insurance Agent, licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to Protect our Families.” I will then turn my head to the right, place my fists on my hips, and release my @Markthebroker cape into the wind.

You ought to find out from the state whether those laws apply to state licensed Insurance agents. I do not think there is an exemption in PA for real estate agents, but when I was doing real estate 20 years ago, I never had a problem - no one even complained. But I did keep a laminated copy of my state license with me, same as I do now. In my case, I also printed out that little bit of law I posted a few pages back and had it laminated as well. I have not had to use it, but if anyone ever objects to my knocking on the grounds that I do not have a peddler permit, I will simply whip out that copy of the law and say “I ain’t no peddler ... I am An Insurance Agent, licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to Protect our Families.” I will then turn my head to the right, place my fists on my hips, and release my @Markthebroker cape into the wind.
They've had articles in the paper when towns pass the law. You can still go door to door, you just have to pay for the privelage of being able to exercise your knuckles in their towns. Some of the larger cities have it to, but I'll take my chances in them. :yes:

You can't knock on a door that has a no solicitor sign in these towns. I've always hoped someone would point to their "No Solicitors' sign so I could say, "I'm not a lawyer". :laugh:, but I've never had it happen.

None of the above apply with a DM card. What I was referring to would make it harder in some towns to knock a targeted data list. :yes:

Last edited:
My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

I thought this was totally against the rules.
Are these agents allowed to cold door knock a T65 List and bring up Medicare?
Tell them to put up No Soliciting signs. If the still come to the door and knock for insurance report them.

My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

I thought this was totally against the rules.
Are these agents allowed to cold door knock a T65 List and bring up Medicare?
The phone is even worse. I have been 25 years in insurance and cannot get rid of robo call for health insurance even after blocking #.

The no soliciting sign works here bc if they come to my door I ask for a card and then ask why they didnt respect the sign on my gate. The seem to look stupid then apologize. Best deterrent is a no soliciting sign. I door knocked 25 years but would walk by the homes with a sign

I reread what I wrote and it reads funny.

CMS rules are the #2 reason I don't contract with MA PDP.

The #1 reason is that MA and CMS seem like drug dealers to me.

They give you a "bump" to give you a taste of the action. Then you're selling it because it's nice to have the extra money. Then you have to certify or you lose your book.

That's a personal opinion. I ended up partnering with a company for referrals. However, all my calls from FL and IL will go to the people promised.
How about losing all ur $$ ??
I plowed hard 2005 when MAPD opened up for brokers. 100 clients with cross selling bf rules changed. MAPD is great extra $$ but could be snagged away anytime. Still many on the books from 2005 but the every 2 years a plan chang requires enourmous maintenance to switch to another carrier in 45 days window is just stupid. Anyone putting all their insurance biz with MAPD has non excuses anymore. Its not a true insurance business when the govt has its arms wrapped tightly

Back