Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

Jul 3, 2019

1. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    Ha - I'm sure his knowledge of CMS is on point.

The items you mentioned above were my words - not his.

Best to be cautious and follow the rules.

2. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    Still, go back and ask him how his way is compliant and just getting the scope while you're there and writing it is not. I just want to hear the logic behind this.

3. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    Assuming the med sup sale was made from a door knock - a Part C or Part D sale on the same visit would be non-compliant based on how we do business. Get the SOA / PTC and enroll later.

Others may do it differently - but in this scenario, we teach 48 hours.

No chances.

4. Ernesto

Ernesto Expert

State:
    Texas
    NO more worries
    medicare for all COMING SOON.....

Ernesto, Jul 11, 2019
  5. Sal15

Sal15 Expert

State:
    Oregon
    How about looking up their prescriptions on Medicare.gov and finding the least expensive plan based on their prescriptions first? After you find them the best plan tell them you’re not appointed with that company, but you want them to have the least expensive plan possible and have them enroll directly. Then, sell them a supplement. The chances that they buy will go up considerably, because you’ve proven to them that you have their best interests at heart.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 5:01 PM
    Sal15, Jul 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM
  6. DayTimer

DayTimer Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You ought to find out from the state whether those laws apply to state licensed Insurance agents. I do not think there is an exemption in PA for real estate agents, but when I was doing real estate 20 years ago, I never had a problem - no one even complained. But I did keep a laminated copy of my state license with me, same as I do now. In my case, I also printed out that little bit of law I posted a few pages back and had it laminated as well. I have not had to use it, but if anyone ever objects to my knocking on the grounds that I do not have a peddler permit, I will simply whip out that copy of the law and say “I ain’t no peddler ... I am An Insurance Agent, licensed by the State of Pennsylvania to Protect our Families.” I will then turn my head to the right, place my fists on my hips, and release my @Markthebroker cape into the wind.

DayTimer, Jul 13, 2019 at 9:08 PM
  7. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    They've had articles in the paper when towns pass the law. You can still go door to door, you just have to pay for the privelage of being able to exercise your knuckles in their towns. Some of the larger cities have it to, but I'll take my chances in them. :yes:

You can't knock on a door that has a no solicitor sign in these towns. I've always hoped someone would point to their "No Solicitors' sign so I could say, "I'm not a lawyer". :laugh:, but I've never had it happen.

None of the above apply with a DM card. What I was referring to would make it harder in some towns to knock a targeted data list. :yes:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 10:45 PM
    goillini52, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:40 PM
  8. PCBI

PCBI Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    Tell them to put up No Soliciting signs. If the still come to the door and knock for insurance report them.

PCBI, Jul 15, 2019 at 8:38 AM
  9. PCBI

PCBI Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    The phone is even worse. I have been 25 years in insurance and cannot get rid of robo call for health insurance even after blocking #.

The no soliciting sign works here bc if they come to my door I ask for a card and then ask why they didnt respect the sign on my gate. The seem to look stupid then apologize. Best deterrent is a no soliciting sign. I door knocked 25 years but would walk by the homes with a sign

PCBI, Jul 15, 2019 at 8:41 AM
  10. PCBI

PCBI Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    How about losing all ur $$ ??
    I plowed hard 2005 when MAPD opened up for brokers. 100 clients with cross selling bf rules changed. MAPD is great extra $$ but could be snagged away anytime. Still many on the books from 2005 but the every 2 years a plan chang requires enourmous maintenance to switch to another carrier in 45 days window is just stupid. Anyone putting all their insurance biz with MAPD has non excuses anymore. Its not a true insurance business when the govt has its arms wrapped tightly

PCBI, Jul 15, 2019 at 8:46 AM