Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

I can't help but laugh at all the people who think MA and PDP's are over regulated. My God, take the AHIP, do the training and follow the simply rules laid out as far as how you can market them, get a SOA and sell, sell, sell. There are many other careers far more regulated then the stupid Medicare plans we sell. I can't imagine getting all these referrals from people and then just telling them I don't do the MA or PDP because there are rules we have to follow and give up $75000/year on renewals. It would be like a financial advisor saying I only do Mutual Funds because the stocks, bonds, variable annuities, etc. are over regulated. Just my opinion and it is working very well for me.
I think opinions matter urs as well. But if I were to start over I would do the same thing. A new young agent needs to hear both side for they read these blogs. A true businessman or woman wants to be independent from govt red tape for their business. There are many insurance products to sell other than MAPD that are lifetime renewals that require 24hr CE credits to amintain a license but nothing if u retire. The point is many need to know what they are entering into. If u choose to sell MAPD @ 20-30 years of age and then have ur renewals taken away bc its not independent from govt funding at least u know the risk u took.

Both sides have an argument. Red tape accepted or declined to each his own. Working out for me too since 2005 but wouldnt out too many apples in the MAPD cart for a true life ling business in insurance

I have posted this before. When Tricare for Life was passed and went into effect in 10/2001 I lost $6000 in monthly renewals on Medicare Supplements. If these people lived another 10 years I would have earned $720,000. Don't get too comfortable with health insurance renewals. The government can wipe them all away with the stroke of a pen.
Exactly

Not sure what is debatable. When the bush admin passed the Part D and C the Dems went crazy. It’s pulling money from Medicare and Supplying health coverage as a Medicare replacement through “for profit” privately owned insurance companies. It’s exactly what the Republicans think should replace all government health insurance and what the Democrats do not want.

Do you not remember how political it was when passed?

President Obama said he would completely end Medicare Advantage in one of his earliest speeches because it weakened Medicare. Until he was flooded with feedback from his base. If I remember correctly that feedback came at the urging of Humana and it was huge. He backed off.

The existence of Medicare Advantage is very political. Always has been.
Dems wont rid it but a bankrupt govt could

My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

I thought this was totally against the rules.
Are these agents allowed to cold door knock a T65 List and bring up Medicare?
If you are only doing Supplements you can take 'em out for a Whiskey Dinner!

Back