Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

??????????????????????????????
Weird.

I reread what I wrote and it reads funny.

CMS rules are the #2 reason I don't contract with MA PDP.

The #1 reason is that MA and CMS seem like drug dealers to me.

They give you a "bump" to give you a taste of the action. Then you're selling it because it's nice to have the extra money. Then you have to certify or you lose your book.

That's a personal opinion. I ended up partnering with a company for referrals. However, all my calls from FL and IL will go to the people promised.

Seminar for educational event cannot include a meal, only light snacks (even lists what is acceptable in CMS guide).
Ok, now I know-If I forget in a future post, you can remind me you told me once already!
Thanks. (I've never looked very closely at MA stuff because it is not a type of coverage I ever plan on buying as long as I have a choice in the matter.)

As long as they are talking about Medicare Supplement

I'll assume they're leading with that, but somehow they must be directing the conversation towards advantage plans as you'll likely never meet a Floridian with a Medicare Supplement!

Apparently, Medicare Advantage is sold this way in Florida and these agents are trained to get around the rules.

I've had people tell me in the past that their MA agent just knocked on their door. I always assumed they filled out a lead card, until now!

I'll assume they're leading with that, but somehow they must be directing the conversation towards advantage plans as you'll likely never meet a Floridian with a Medicare Supplement!

Apparently, Medicare Advantage is sold this way in Florida and these agents are trained to get around the rules.

I've had people tell me in the past that their MA agent just knocked on their door. I always assumed they filled out a lead card, until now!

Guess you have never met a dishonest agent.

jjrardin said:

I was light on leads this past 10 days, so I printed a t65 list from salesdatapro and door knocked them in Little Rock and surrounding... they were surprised, I don't think anybody else had been there. picked up 4 sales... 3 med sup 1 life.

How to you handle discussing Parts C and D, though? I mean they do need to know about D at least if they're getting a Supp. I guess you can just tell them to enroll directly at Medicare.gov?

And where I live, at least you need a permit to go door to door in most boroughs/townships.

jjrardin said:

I was light on leads this past 10 days, so I printed a t65 list from salesdatapro and door knocked them in Little Rock and surrounding... they were surprised, I don't think anybody else had been there. picked up 4 sales... 3 med sup 1 life.

How to you handle discussing Parts C and D, though? I mean they do need to know about D at least if they're getting a Supp. I guess you can just tell them to enroll directly at Medicare.gov?

And where I live, at least you need a permit to go door to door in most boroughs/townships.

Can't a salesperson use Medicare and you as a guideline and discuss the basics of Part D without a scope?

ChazM said:

Yes you can talk about MAPD without a scope. You just can’t give Plan details.

I guess I'm just apprehensive you go there to talk Med Supps, then they want a MAPD.

My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

I thought this was totally against the rules.
Are these agents allowed to cold door knock a T65 List and bring up Medicare?

Working smartly, this is a gate opener. Med sup discussion should always lead to information gathering. Agents that fail at this are leaving money on the table. Advan plans have rules, but Sups allow for a broader discussion on finances and legacies.

Back