Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

ChazM said:

Yes you can talk about MAPD without a scope. You just can’t give Plan details.

I guess I'm just apprehensive you go there to talk Med Supps, then they want a MAPD.

(Caveat, not an agent.)

It seems to me like I have read thread discussions about scope requirements loosening up in the last year or so.

If FE people can cross sell Medicare advantage by getting a scope signed while they are in the house and then go to product description and sales, it seems like the same general principle(s) would apply if a generalized Medicare and you discussion about Medicare leads to prospect questions and prospect willingness to sign a scope as a prerequisite to hear more specific details.

(Caveat, not an agent.)

It seems to me like I have read thread discussions about scope requirements loosening up in the last year or so.

If FE people can cross sell Medicare advantage by getting a scope signed while they are in the house and then go to product description and sales, it seems like the same general principle(s) would apply if a generalized Medicare and you discussion about Medicare leads to prospect questions and prospect willingness to sign a scope as a prerequisite to hear more specific details.
You have permission to discuss MA with anybody who is already a client of yours, so, if you write them a FE plan, then you’re good to go, but, it can’t be at the same appointment; meeting somebody to discuss FE, Medsup, etc and then pivoting to MA is a bit tricky, do so at your own peril.

Those pesky CMS rules are just suggestions on how to conduct your sales activities. No one ever gets punished, fined or suspended.

You haven't written enough to know yet, or you are playing dumb. I had someone climb into a clients ear and got one of those nasty letters Humana used to put out in the day when they were investigating a "supposed issue". (Nothing was found amiss, because there was nothing amiss.) That left such a bade taste in my mouth that I stopped re-qualifying that year for all the carriers I represented.

In my mind, when the government limits a client's ability to learn of all options that can they can choose from in one sitting... that is a grave disservice to the client. What they have done is hobbled good agents ability to present important information to medicare recipients. :arghh:

You haven't written enough to know yet, or you are playing dumb. I had someone climb into a clients ear and got one of those nasty letters Humana used to put out in the day when they were investigating a "supposed issue". (Nothing was found amiss, because there was nothing amiss.) That left such a bade taste in my mouth that I stopped re-qualifying that year for all the carriers I represented.

In my mind, when the government limits a client's ability to learn of all options that can they can choose from in one sitting... that is a grave disservice to the client. What they have done is hobbled good agents ability to present important information to medicare recipients. :arghh:
I was door knocking a T-65 list a coupleof years ago and this gal smugly says, "It's against the law to knock on doors for Medicare Supplements!" :realmad:

I replied, "Nope, that's Medicare Advantage, and I don't sell that crap!" :no::tongue:

Back