Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

You haven't written enough to know yet, or you are playing dumb. I had someone climb into a clients ear and got one of those nasty letters Humana used to put out in the day when they were investigating a "supposed issue". (Nothing was found amiss, because there was nothing amiss.) That left such a bade taste in my mouth that I stopped re-qualifying that year for all the carriers I represented.

In my mind, when the government limits a client's ability to learn of all options that can they can choose from in one sitting... that is a grave disservice to the client. What they have done is hobbled good agents ability to present important information to medicare recipients. :arghh:
I keep hearing that the gubment wants more folks on MAPD but I just don’t understand the reason they put all of these handcuffs on agents; apparently, it was because of crooked and unethical agents but I suspect those still exists, just a guess:)

I keep hearing that the gubment wants more folks on MAPD but I just don’t understand the reason they put all of these handcuffs on agents; apparently, it was because of crooked and unethical agents but I suspect those still exists, just a guess:)

Gee, ya think?

Yes, now more than ever, because most good ethical agents do not want to jump through all the hoops to run the business. Not to mention, experienced agents see all the red flags that come with all the regulations. Do you really want to sell a product that changes in coverage and cost each year, is highly regulated, and you have to meet certain re-qualifying standards every single year?

No thank you. The government treats agents in this case like an necessary evil. Your already guilty for selling the stuff, they regulate it so highly because of you... not the client.

If that isn't a crappy joke then tell me what is?

Yes, now more than ever, because most good ethical agents do not want to jump through all the hoops to run the business. Not to mention, experienced agents see all the red flags that come with all the regulations. Do you really want to sell a product that changes in coverage and cost each year, is highly regulated, and you have to meet certain re-qualifying standards every single year?

No thank you. The government treats agents in this case like an necessary evil. Your already guilty for selling the stuff, they regulate it so highly because of you... not the client.

If that isn't a crappy joke then tell me what is?
I was actually thinking about taking the AHIP this year, but after being reminded why I stopped selling that crap over 10 years ago.....F*ck it!!! I don't want or need the headaches. :nah:

I'll have the phone #'s for the PDP's and if they want a MAPD...oh well. :)

I can't help but laugh at all the people who think MA and PDP's are over regulated. My God, take the AHIP, do the training and follow the simply rules laid out as far as how you can market them, get a SOA and sell, sell, sell. There are many other careers far more regulated then the stupid Medicare plans we sell. I can't imagine getting all these referrals from people and then just telling them I don't do the MA or PDP because there are rules we have to follow and give up $75000/year on renewals. It would be like a financial advisor saying I only do Mutual Funds because the stocks, bonds, variable annuities, etc. are over regulated. Just my opinion and it is working very well for me.

I mean, do you and they can do them.

I chose to go with rev share, personally.

Building a book of MA, to me, is like building a house on a weak foundation. It takes a single situation where you can't complete/pass ahip and then you're hurting.

To me, MA isn't a great product long term. I look like the asshole when someone makes a choice and something happens.

I let someone else deal with that and I'll take less in annually.

And where I live, at least you need a permit to go door to door in most boroughs/townships.

I am pretty sure in PA state licensed insurance agents are exempt from local solicitation requirements.

insurance agents exempt.JPG

We have a guy in our IMO who doesn't buy leads at all - he buys a list, goes door to door (I think he takes a blank lead card with him to show the people at the door - "Hey we sent this to you about the new state regulated burial insurance programs - why the hell haven't you mailed it back?") Writes about $100K/ year in FE premium and knocks from 10 AM to 2 PM Monday through Friday I believe ... at least legend has it ...

I am pretty sure in PA state licensed insurance agents are exempt from local solicitation requirements.

View attachment 5353

We have a guy in our IMO who doesn't buy leads at all - he buys a list, goes door to door (I think he takes a blank lead card with him to show the people at the door - "Hey we sent this to you about the new state regulated burial insurance programs - why the hell haven't you mailed it back?") Writes about $100K/ year in FE premium and knocks from 10 AM to 2 PM Monday through Friday I believe ... at least legend has it ...
A lot of towns are starting to require you to register and pay a daily fee to knock on doors. I have to pay a fee to knock in the town I live in. :mad:

Back