Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

I have posted this before. When Tricare for Life was passed and went into effect in 10/2001 I lost $6000 in monthly renewals on Medicare Supplements. If these people lived another 10 years I would have earned $720,000. Don't get too comfortable with health insurance renewals. The government can wipe them all away with the stroke of a pen.

I can't help but laugh at all the people who think MA and PDP's are over regulated. My God, take the AHIP, do the training and follow the simply rules laid out as far as how you can market them, get a SOA and sell, sell, sell. There are many other careers far more regulated then the stupid Medicare plans we sell. I can't imagine getting all these referrals from people and then just telling them I don't do the MA or PDP because there are rules we have to follow and give up $75000/year on renewals. It would be like a financial advisor saying I only do Mutual Funds because the stocks, bonds, variable annuities, etc. are over regulated. Just my opinion and it is working very well for me.
I don’t mind the AHIP training because it does thin the herd but I don’t understand the solicitation handcuffs; not good for agents or consumers.

I don’t mind the AHIP training because it does thin the herd but I don’t understand the solicitation handcuffs; not good for agents or consumers.

Well, when I did sell MA a very, very long time ago (like 2005) we had a call center that would just grind out appointments during AEP. That on top of some really high pressure tactics to maximize sales during first appointments.

It wasn't cool and I didn't know any better. I left the industry for 13 years after that.

I was actually thinking about taking the AHIP this year, but after being reminded why I stopped selling that crap over 10 years ago.....F*ck it!!! I don't want or need the headaches. :nah:

I'll have the phone #'s for the PDP's and if they want a MAPD...oh well. :)
It’s hard to judge MA because the plans are so different across the country, even county to county.

That's true. I think they're crap where I live, but it sounds like they're really good in Florida and Kalifornia.

They were good when I sold them in 2005-2008, but they really went downhill.
Seems to be, zero premium is almost like not selling!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back