Door Knocking MA Prospects from Medicaid List

Texxus

dallas
Is this a compliant practice?
A large MA also has sizable Medicaid Dual contract (Star Plus) in the area. Many of these duals are not familiar with the Med Advantage plan, are Orig Medicare and full Medicaid only) and are contacted by MA sales reps to provide the information; rationale is that they are EXISTING CUSTOMERS. A good amount of these people have disconnected phones (they're dead broke and don't pay their cell phone bills). The local MA manager told the MA reps that they could go door knocking since they are EXISTING CUSTOMERS. The MA rep with the most enrollments has done just that and she is now in the lead. Others are hesitant to do this because they've always been told that door knocking is forbidden. Any comments on this?

It's been a while since I looked at the marketing guidelines, but that seems like a big problem. If memory serves agents have restrictions about even being able to contact their own clients about other plans available by phone.

If the marketing manager says it's compliant, ask to see it in writing.

It's been a while since I looked at the marketing guidelines, but that seems like a big problem. If memory serves agents have restrictions about even being able to contact their own clients about other plans available by phone.

If the marketing manager says it's compliant, ask to see it in writing.

LOL. That;s what I thought too. Humana training says that we're not even supposed to door knock our existing BOB if we're "in the neighborhood".

LOL. That;s what I thought too. Humana training says that we're not even supposed to door knock our existing BOB if we're "in the neighborhood".

Exactly.

For years I worked as a carrier rep and if I told agents I recruited they could do stuff, I always had it in writing.

Don't even think about door knocking for MAPD clients. That's strictly a violation. You cannot even telephone a prospect until the prospect requests that you call. Medicare is a highly regulated industry, and violations of the rules are harshly handled.

OK, I know you all know I have to ask- is this AmeriLife???

If not, it sounds like AmeriLife.

To answer the Op's question, no this is a CMS violation. Fess up, do you work for Amerilife???

:)

Last edited:
A large MA also has sizable Medicaid Dual contract (Star Plus) in the area. Many of these duals are not familiar with the Med Advantage plan, are Orig Medicare and full Medicaid only) and are contacted by MA sales reps to provide the information; rationale is that they are EXISTING CUSTOMERS. A good amount of these people have disconnected phones (they're dead broke and don't pay their cell phone bills). The local MA manager told the MA reps that they could go door knocking since they are EXISTING CUSTOMERS. The MA rep with the most enrollments has done just that and she is now in the lead. Others are hesitant to do this because they've always been told that door knocking is forbidden. Any comments on this?

Not only is door knocking existing customers a violation but slowing down below the posted speed limit when driving by an existing clients home I believe is also a violation.

In addition if I am remembering the bylaws and trilaws of of the CMS marketing guidelines that addresses making intentional unsolicited facial recognitory contact with existing MA clients - If you find yourself driving by a MA clients home and they happen to be outside mowing the yard , washing the car etc. - it is also a violation to make direct eye contact or in anyway draw attention to yourself in an attempt foster recognition especially if you are also in possession of enrollment kits and an ink pen when you drive by.

It's also a violation to ask existing clients for a glass of water.....cup of coffee. Using their restroom is a violation.:goofy::biggrin:

Agents have been turned into robots.:err::skeptical:

United Healthcare has been doing that for years!

Back