Door to door - Flyers for life insurance

A link to the thread would be great right here:

It is an interesting thread...he does some sort of "survey" to get in the door or get information. Personally I like it is way to inefficient and overthinking, but I'm also jaded. I think you'd be just as effective cold door knocking with a good introduction.

----------

Thread is titled "survey door to door"

It is an interesting thread...he does some sort of "survey" to get in the door or get information. Personally I like it is way to inefficient and overthinking, but I'm also jaded. I think you'd be just as effective cold door knocking with a good introduction.

----------

Thread is titled "survey door to door"

Yelp.. Surveys, knocking from a list so you have a name, etc. are all just tools to give the agent a little extra courage. It gives a place to start the conversation but I haven't found them any more effective than just cold knocking.

I hate to say it but I think the return for life insurance would be lower.

What about in retirement communities? I was thinking as a new agent for Bankers, it would be a great use if time in my community. Mostly due to the volume of senior living facilities in my area.

Would it be a waste of time/money as a new agent?

What about in retirement communities? I was thinking as a new agent for Bankers, it would be a great use if time in my community. Mostly due to the volume of senior living facilities in my area. Would it be a waste of time/money as a new agent?

So you're a new Bankers agent. I'd love to pick your brain. Pm me and I'll give you a ring.

What about in retirement communities? I was thinking as a new agent for Bankers, it would be a great use if time in my community. Mostly due to the volume of senior living facilities in my area. Would it be a waste of time/money as a new agent?

Those communities highly frown upon solicitation. Usually it's not allowed.

Last edited:
I would say that actually knocking on the door and introducing yourself increases your odds tremendously.

The first time I doorknocked, I had beginners luck but the very first door I knocked on I made an appointment to come back 3-days later. That appointment resulted in leaving the house with a check for over $10,000 (single-pay final expense policy.)

The 7th house I knocked on had the exact same results but with a much larger multi-pay policy.

I rarely doorknock anymore as I stay too busy but when I do, I am invited in the home at least every fourth or fifth home that answers the door. I don't think just leaving a doorhanger is taking full advantage of your time.

How did you introduce yourself when you knocked on their door? Never tried this before.

Back