Door to door - Flyers for life insurance

How did you introduce yourself when you knocked on their door? Never tried this before.

There is a whole thread on this subject somewhere. But how about: Hi. I'm (your name here) from (Smith Insurance Agency/ Senior Benefits of Hooterville/ Family Benefit Life/ Mutual of Obama/ etc. ) and we are in your neighborhood today bringing information to Seniors between the ages of 60-85 about a low cost (life insurance plan/funeral planning program/ death benefit for your family/ estate planning/ benefit for people on fixed incomes/take your choice or make up your own). Would you like information on this and a free quote for your family?

Or you can do a survey version (whole thread on that one if you search for it.) But my advice if you do. No more than three questions. That thread took a WAY wrong path in my opinion. A door knocking survey should not be a real fact finding session. It has only one purpose and that's to engage them quickly. The whole key to successful door knocking is to find the interested prospects and not to have long conversations with the lonely non-interested ones. Agents who have never done this think the problem will be rude people slamming doors in your face. It's the exact opposite. It's the friendly time-wasters who chew up your day. You have to be able to recognize a real prospect and cut bait on people who just want to talk.

The better plan is to buy some direct mail leads.

But if I was a broke as a joke new agent and was determined to make it in insurance but had zero lead money, I would definitely door knock before I would telemarket from a list dialer. It's way more enjoyable to me (weather permitting. )

And this is another one of those posts that's going to fire Gooner up because this goes 100% against what JD and Travis both say. They both HATE the thought of door knocking and would never do it. But I've proven to myself long ago that it works (although very inefficient) and in great weather it's kind of fun (definitely funner than sitting in an office on a dialer) and people are very friendly and receptive to it.

Every Edward Jones Financial office in every city was built by door to door canvasing. And they are selling investments. Does anyone think that's an easier pitch than FE?

There is a whole thread on this subject somewhere. But how about: Hi. I'm (your name here) from (Smith Insurance Agency/ Senior Benefits of Hooterville/ Family Benefit Life/ Mutual of Obama/ etc. ) and we are in your neighborhood today bringing information to Seniors between the ages of 60-85 about a low cost (life insurance plan/funeral planning program/ death benefit for your family/ estate planning/ benefit for people on fixed incomes/take your choice or make up your own). Would you like information on this and a free quote for your family?

Or you can do a survey version (whole thread on that one if you search for it.) But my advice if you do. No more than three questions. That thread took a WAY wrong path in my opinion. A door knocking survey should not be a real fact finding session. It has only one purpose and that's to engage them quickly. The whole key to successful door knocking is to find the interested prospects and not to have long conversations with the lonely non-interested ones. Agents who have never done this think the problem will be rude people slamming doors in your face. It's the exact opposite. It's the friendly time-wasters who chew up your day. You have to be able to recognize a real prospect and cut bait on people who just want to talk.

The better plan is to buy some direct mail leads.

But if I was a broke as a joke new agent and was determined to make it in insurance but had zero lead money, I would definitely door knock before I would telemarket from a list dialer. It's way more enjoyable to me (weather permitting. )

And this is another one of those posts that's going to fire Gooner up because this goes 100% against what JD and Travis both say. They both HATE the thought of door knocking and would never do it. But I've proven to myself long ago that it works (although very inefficient) and in great weather it's kind of fun (definitely funner than sitting in an office on a dialer) and people are very friendly and receptive to it.

Every Edward Jones Financial office in every city was built by door to door canvasing. And they are selling investments. Does anyone think that's an easier pitch than FE?

I think Newby is spot on.

There is a whole thread on this subject somewhere. But how about: Hi. I'm (your name here) from (Smith Insurance Agency/ Senior Benefits of Hooterville/ Family Benefit Life/ Mutual of Obama/ etc. ) and we are in your neighborhood today bringing information to Seniors between the ages of 60-85 about a low cost (life insurance plan/funeral planning program/ death benefit for your family/ estate planning/ benefit for people on fixed incomes/take your choice or make up your own). Would you like information on this and a free quote for your family? Or you can do a survey version (whole thread on that one if you search for it.) But my advice if you do. No more than three questions. That thread took a WAY wrong path in my opinion. A door knocking survey should not be a real fact finding session. It has only one purpose and that's to engage them quickly. The whole key to successful door knocking is to find the interested prospects and not to have long conversations with the lonely non-interested ones. Agents who have never done this think the problem will be rude people slamming doors in your face. It's the exact opposite. It's the friendly time-wasters who chew up your day. You have to be able to recognize a real prospect and cut bait on people who just want to talk. The better plan is to buy some direct mail leads. But if I was a broke as a joke new agent and was determined to make it in insurance but had zero lead money, I would definitely door knock before I would telemarket from a list dialer. It's way more enjoyable to me (weather permitting. ) And this is another one of those posts that's going to fire Gooner up because this goes 100% against what JD and Travis both say. They both HATE the thought of door knocking and would never do it. But I've proven to myself long ago that it works (although very inefficient) and in great weather it's kind of fun (definitely funner than sitting in an office on a dialer) and people are very friendly and receptive to it. Every Edward Jones Financial office in every city was built by door to door canvasing. And they are selling investments. Does anyone think that's an easier pitch than FE?

Why would I have a problem with DK'ing a list...it isn't my time or money that's being wasted.

I've said before DKing will work for someone who's broke...I've never said otherwise.

There is a whole thread on this subject somewhere. But how about: Hi. I'm (your name here) from (Smith Insurance Agency/ Senior Benefits of Hooterville/ Family Benefit Life/ Mutual of Obama/ etc. ) and we are in your neighborhood today bringing information to Seniors between the ages of 60-85 about a low cost (life insurance plan/funeral planning program/ death benefit for your family/ estate planning/ benefit for people on fixed incomes/take your choice or make up your own). Would you like information on this and a free quote for your family? Or you can do a survey version (whole thread on that one if you search for it.) But my advice if you do. No more than three questions. That thread took a WAY wrong path in my opinion. A door knocking survey should not be a real fact finding session. It has only one purpose and that's to engage them quickly. The whole key to successful door knocking is to find the interested prospects and not to have long conversations with the lonely non-interested ones. Agents who have never done this think the problem will be rude people slamming doors in your face. It's the exact opposite. It's the friendly time-wasters who chew up your day. You have to be able to recognize a real prospect and cut bait on people who just want to talk. The better plan is to buy some direct mail leads. But if I was a broke as a joke new agent and was determined to make it in insurance but had zero lead money, I would definitely door knock before I would telemarket from a list dialer. It's way more enjoyable to me (weather permitting. ) And this is another one of those posts that's going to fire Gooner up because this goes 100% against what JD and Travis both say. They both HATE the thought of door knocking and would never do it. But I've proven to myself long ago that it works (although very inefficient) and in great weather it's kind of fun (definitely funner than sitting in an office on a dialer) and people are very friendly and receptive to it. Every Edward Jones Financial office in every city was built by door to door canvasing. And they are selling investments. Does anyone think that's an easier pitch than FE?

Newby I have got to ask, why did you stick/go with FE? I'm not slamming FE, but most people I know who don't mind door knocking, and have your technical knowledge make F YOU money selling the more traditional products. Did you just like the people, shorter selling cycle, or something else? I understand if you just did it to build up cash for lead flow but I don't think that was the case with you.

Most of my 20-year career I had my main focus on Funeral PreNeed insurance. Working with this client base (the sales come mainly from higher wealth prospects) it's not uncommon to find Med Sup, annuity and LTC sales. But I also met with a lot of people who want the PreNeed but couldn't afford it. That led me to FE. FE is definitely a much shorter sales cycle and because of that a more pleasant way to sell insurance. Med Sups are a quick sales cycle too but more detail work making sure things get approved, issued, old plans canceled, etc. But from there the products just get more and more complicated and longer sales cycles.

I do well selling FE to a slightly higher income prospect than the FE road warriors focus on and joke about on here.

The top of their game traditional life agents make a lot more than I do but I would say that I am in the top 5%. Always have been. This week which started on Tuesday for me I have produced $8,000 AP in FE sales plus a $12,500 Funeral Trust and oneMed Sup. In addition to that I have income from our agency plus a six-figure renewal income.

Would you consider shifting over to products that I would have to learn how to prospect and sell for or keep going with the ones where I have a high level of expertise and lots of momentum?

Plus just like JD says his people are the FE people. I guess MY people are the middle class people. I'm not as comfortable with the super wealthy prospect and not as comfortable with the poorest of the poor and downright dysfunctional ones as JD and others are.

So if you were looking for the short answer, I'm comfortable. And life is pretty stress-free for me. No other part of the insurance business looks more attractive to me.

Most of my 20-year career I had my main focus on Funeral PreNeed insurance. Working with this client base (the sales come mainly from higher wealth prospects) it's not uncommon to find Med Sup, annuity and LTC sales. But I also met with a lot of people who want the PreNeed but couldn't afford it. That led me to FE. FE is definitely a much shorter sales cycle and because of that a more pleasant way to sell insurance. Med Sups are a quick sales cycle too but more detail work making sure things get approved, issued, old plans canceled, etc. But from there the products just get more and more complicated and longer sales cycles.

I do well selling FE to a slightly higher income prospect than the FE road warriors focus on and joke about on here.

The top of their game traditional life agents make a lot more than I do but I would say that I am in the top 5%. Always have been. This week which started on Tuesday for me I have produced $8,000 AP in FE sales plus a $12,500 Funeral Trust and oneMed Sup. In addition to that I have income from our agency plus a six-figure renewal income.

Would you consider shifting over to products that I would have to learn how to prospect and sell for or keep going with the ones where I have a high level of expertise and lots of momentum?

Plus just like JD says his people are the FE people. I guess MY people are the middle class people. I'm not as comfortable with the super wealthy prospect and not as comfortable with the poorest of the poor and downright dysfunctional ones as JD and others are.

So if you were looking for the short answer, I'm comfortable. And life is pretty stress-free for me. No other part of the insurance business looks more attractive to me.

Newby, I would like to do some FE business myself, but don't know which companies to go with? Could you steer me in the right direction please? Im currently an independent agent, working out of my home selling for ON, MassMutual, and Penn Mutual. Looking to diversify a bit. The traditional life insurance has been good so far, but i would also like to be able to offer FE to prospects. Thank you!

Newby, I would like to do some FE business myself, but don't know which companies to go with? Could you steer me in the right direction please? Im currently an independent agent, working out of my home selling for ON, MassMutual, and Penn Mutual. Looking to diversify a bit. The traditional life insurance has been good so far, but i would also like to be able to offer FE to prospects. Thank you!

Yes. Just go to this quoter http://fexcontracting.com/fex-quoting/ and set it on your state and age 60. Pull up a quote for $15,000. The companies it pulls up are the ones we recommend. It sorts them for competitive premiums.

Then call Mark Stover at 800-six 73- five 309 and he can discuss commission levels with you. We should be among the highest you'll find. If you contract them with us we will teach you how to sell mass quantities of FE.

Yes. Just go to this quoter http://fexcontracting.com/fex-quoting/ and set it on your state and age 60. Pull up a quote for $15,000. The companies it pulls up are the ones we recommend. It sorts them for competitive premiums.

Then call Mark Stover at 800-six 73- five 309 and he can discuss commission levels with you. We should be among the highest you'll find. If you contract them with us we will teach you how to sell mass quantities of FE.

What's with the hooker phone number?

sell mass quantities of FE.

consume_mass_quantities_coneheads_drinking_glass.jpg

Back