Door To Door In Delaware

gerano

Expert
I've been an insurance agent for 34 years (23 years here in Delaware). I can remember a time when some of us agents would get together for coffee or a beer to talk about the business and have a few laughs. However, times have changed. I know of no other agent in my area other than the P&C agents. I've been told by many of my companies that I'm the only agent they have in Delaware. I've been told the same thing by my lead companies. Every agent that I've befriended years ago has either retired, relocated, passed on, or simply left the industry. It's become very boring. It would be nice to know a few agents that are focused on a door to door approach (final expense, Medicare supplement, or group). It's always good to have an exchange of ideas and comic levity. Is there anyone that feels the same way?

Last edited:
Plenty of comedy right here on these forums. Tons of ideas are freely exchanged as well. Utilize the "search" function and I bet you find some of what you are looking for.

The forums are fine for the occasional post or response but it's not nearly the same.

I guess it's time to relinquish life as a human being, plug permanently into the internet, and adapt to life in the Borg Collective.

Thanks just the same.

Last edited:
I've been an insurance agent for 34 years (23 years here in Delaware). I can remember a time when some of us agents would get together for coffee or a beer to talk about the business and have a few laughs. However, times have changed. I know of no other agent in my area other than the P&C agents. I've been told by many of my companies that I'm the only agent they have in Delaware. I've been told the same thing by my lead companies. Every agent that I've befriended years ago have either retired, relocated, passed on, or simply left the industry. It's become very boring. It would be nice to know a few agents that are focused on a door to door approach (final expense, Medicare supplement, or group). It's always good to have an exchange of ideas and comic levity. Is there anyone that feels the same way?

Yeah you gots a door knocker.... what you want?:twitchy:

I've been an insurance agent for 34 years (23 years here in Delaware). I can remember a time when some of us agents would get together for coffee or a beer to talk about the business and have a few laughs. However, times have changed. I know of no other agent in my area other than the P&C agents. I've been told by many of my companies that I'm the only agent they have in Delaware. I've been told the same thing by my lead companies. Every agent that I've befriended years ago have either retired, relocated, passed on, or simply left the industry. It's become very boring. It would be nice to know a few agents that are focused on a door to door approach (final expense, Medicare supplement, or group). It's always good to have an exchange of ideas and comic levity. Is there anyone that feels the same way?

That's what the Forum is for entertainment and an exchange of ideas. I'm starting my 34th year(31 of them here in Illinois). I grew up door knocking. I don't canvass much anymore, but I do cold door knock off of a targeted data list(from ListShack)for Med Supps. I often pivot to FE if there's no interest in Med Supps and will cross sell FE off of Med Supps. I also telemarket. I just started buying avatar leads a while back. I have to admit they're more efficient, but I like the mix of the 3.

This is precisely why I'd like to know some local agents. I appreciate the tip regarding Avatar Leads. I'd like to know what you're doing with targeted data lists. Have you encountered towns and communities that now require a peddler's (I hate the attempt by the towns to denigrate the role and purpose of the door-to-door-salesman) license? Door-to-door sales for many years is how this nation prospered. I've returned to door-to-door sales for fear of dialing a number that appears on the DNC (Do Not Call) List. The penalty of which is now up to $16,000 per call.

Back