Door to Door Sales

I will look into doing door to door. I plan on really kicking off selling insurance once school is out as I am a full time teacher. The good news is that it is free vs purchasing leads. Wish me luck.

It's bad karma, and unethical, to mention that you are following up on a reply card, when you are not. Kind of feeds into the stereotype that we all fight day in and day out.

I'd rather tell them that you are taking advantage of the nice weather, and the opportunity to stretch your legs, and introduce yourself, personally. You can't be referred to EVERYONE, and this was just a way to meet new people.

A friend of mine used to go to the water department and get a list of people that were new customers in the area. He would take a welcoming gift to them and introduce himself and welcome them to the neighborhood, then he would say "Since you are new here, I would like to be your new insurance agent."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I was new to insurance selling, another friend of mine told me to expect rejection and to accept it as part of the selling process, he then related a story about something that happened to him, he was in a neighborhood selling insurance, and a guy told him to leave and get away, then he said, I thought I told you to leave, he broke the arial off of a car and chased him down the street ha ha.
How do you get a list? Is this Common? or did he have a good relationship?

I like to door knock the T65 list for medsupps, and cross sell other plans when I get to the kitchen table. Today I sold an annuity and a medsupp to a guy that I door knocked a couple months ago.

Door knocking can be a nice way to reach people that dont have listed phone numbers or are on the dnc list. However, I have never just gone out and door knocked a whole neighborhood, I like to do what you might call target market door knocking.

Back